Show movies/shows in which the actor is in

Hi,

with Infuse 7 there is a new sections with producers and actors of the movie / show.
It would be cool, if you can click on the actor (or producers etc) and then you get other movies and shows in which the actor starred.

11 Likes
2 Likes

I believe that @strwht is posting in the Suggestions forum to say what feature they want to see when the pic become active in 7.X and they are clicked on. Not asking what the current ones are. :wink:

1 Like

I read it from James replies that this was planned. But I’ve clearly misread and misunderstood - and simply added to my ever growing list of disappointment…

This is planned. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reference links @yatesfox!

2 Likes

Excellent, in that case my list just got shorter! :rofl:

Yes, I already know that these icons will be replaced by real pictures.
My suggestion is a step further…

Don’t count your chickens just yet :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s just an idea. I’m pretty sure, they already have that in mind. :smiley:

2 Likes

Infuse 7 (thanks for this greate release!) shows all actors at the bottom of each movie.
I like to click/press on the actor icon and it should display all movies of this actor (like it is done in the search)

infuse1

6 Likes

yes exactly like Plex
this will improve user experience

Hi,

(I’m on the latest macOS version: 11.3.1 – Infuse: version 7.0 (7.0.3582))

From movie/episode page, I would like to add that I can click, on the actor, director, or whatever name on the bottom, and that can take me to the page of this actor, or whatever and shows his work. (I know you are not a website like IMDb, but I think it’s a great feature).

There is a big difference in the extra “stuff” you get on the native Plex app with being able to select an actor/actress and listing other media you have in which they appear. Additionally, the Plex app lists many many more people than Infuse does at this point. It’s a little thing but I kind of like being able to do that, especially if I see someone that looks familiar and confirm it by seeing the other show or movie so I can say, “that’s where I’ve seen them before”. Great work on the app though.

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the Suggestions area for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Hello there,

Do you plan to allow us to search using the new actors section at the bottom of a single view? It could be great to just click on someone and see the movies and TV Shows he/she appears on.

And of course, have images for them. Do you plan to do something there ?

Thank you.

I moved your post to a currently running suggestion thread for this feature. Also note that this thread is tagged as “in-progress”. :wink:

You can always see what’s on the short list for upcoming features here.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Today’s 7.1 update allows searching for other titles an actor, director, writer, etc… may be in by simply tapping on their headshot.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m excited. I’ll check it out later.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.