Show More of Time Remaining

When a video gets near the end, tapping on the remote to show the time will show current position but doesn’t show the remaining/finishing time. Now for something short it doesn’t really matter but when watching something that is 2+hrs long this adds up to be 15 or more minutes (1/8th runtime). Perhaps show it a bit more until 1/16th left or so.

10 Likes

I know it’s a space consideration but I’d like to see the end time any time you tap the remote. Maybe stack current and end time or offset it somehow but I agree, at least give us a bit more before it drops the end time. :+1:

2 Likes

Isn’t this controlled by the Apple video API?

Infuse uses a custom video player so they should be able to tweak interface elements

Another suggestion - I don’t if it’s Emby related or AppleTV (I only use Emby) but I wonder why there isn’t an option to see how much time is left in the episode when you’re close to the end - I often want to see that data and is missing.

Thank you

Maybe something like the VLC full screen time display with the digits over the ends where it shows all the way to the end of the video.
VLC Time Display

Hi there’s an annoying bug that bothered me a long time on Infuse on Apple TV and yesterday was the nail on the coffin for me to post this by recording videos for you guys.

For some reason Infuse stops displaying “Time left” in a movie at -21min35sec mark.

So as you can see here for a 2hr35min movie at around 21.35min left to finish it suddenly stops showing the time left! Why?? 21min is still a hell lot of time left. If it’s for 5 min I can understand.
Infuse - Apple TV (Time Left) Bug Video Demo

In contrast, on Netflix on Apple TV for a 2h30min movie, It shows “Time left” until -13min left mark. Which I feel is a good compromise.
Netflix - Apple TV (Time Left) Video Demo

Can you PLEASE do something about this! Thank you!

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum for this issue.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

2 Likes