Short Film Category

With the switch to TMDb we are seeing more people running into the issue of short films polluting their regular movie lists. I would like to see a new Shorts Category that separates them from regular movies. Pixar is a big group of those for me.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences defines a short film as “an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits”.

7 Likes

Definitely Pixar is good example, also I check with TMDB and it is not possible even to define them as a collection. So the options are to link each file to the single short movie entry in TMDB having them wherever in the library or linking to the Pixar Collection entry appearing as many duplicates.

But that means it should not be only a Library-Filter, it should be separated from the other Movies? :wink:

Great for Marvel One-Shot etc.

Yes that is what is would prefer. When I am looking for a movie to watch I am never looking for a short to watch.

Today’s 7.3.3 update includes new ‘Shorts’ and ‘Concerts’ categories.

We’re also working to add a separate Feature Films category which would allow you to browse all movies and not include titles from the new sub-categories.

Today’s 7.3.4 update includes a new ‘Feature Films’ category (available inside Library > Movies).

This category will include all movies which are not part of the ‘Shorts’ or ‘Concerts’ categories.

‘All Movies’ is still available, if you prefer to browse everything together.

1 Like

Sure

Feature Film are movies 40 + minutes in duration.

Shorts are movies that are less than 40 minutes in duration.

Concerts are movies that only have “Music” as a genre.

Is that what you’re asking?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.