Setting to delay video start when switching frame rates

With the new tvOS 11.3 beta, I can enjoy my movies in 24hz and that a great news. Nevertheless, my projector take some time to switch from 60 to 24hz, and I’m losing something like 1 or 2 seconds. Not a big deal, for sure, but hearing the music and seeing a black screen kind of bother me. If I could delay the video play for 2 seconds, it would be really nice. Just like a Play and immediate pause (to allow the switching) and wait for XXXXms and then resume Play.

Thanks!

9 Likes

The Apple TV version of MrMc has a nifty feature that allows the users to set a delay for the start of video playback to give the TV time to change refresh rate and content match and do it’s HDCP negotiation.

It’s a really nice quality of life feature which I’d love in Infuse for Apple TV. It’s janky to have video start playing while my TV is flickering to it’s correct display mode.

7 Likes

I would love to have this feature, too! My projector needs about 10 seconds for the resync of the HDMI connection after switching the frame rate. So I hear the audio playing but the video is showing a black screen during this time.

Hello

Following tvOS upadte with auto framerate would it be possible to add in Infuse settings the capability to toggle on/off a temporisation before starting to actually read the movie / tv show. (Off by default)

Indeed, as I think some of users, I use infuse to read movies / tv shows on a videoprojector.
This one is connected to the aTV through a HC amplifier and (there is the point) through a wifi-based video transmitter to avoid cabling.

Adding synchronisation of both the amplifier and the video transmitter to the aTV one when switching from 1080p50 to 1080p24 can lead to a 10-15 s black-screen before having the video displayed.
This is somehow acceptable for movies (as they usually have the start generic during that period of time) this is barely unusable for tv shows as they usually start directly and I have then 15s of sound without image.

Due to that, I cannot use the 24p capability of the aTV.
So a tempo option would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Bruno

Would be nice if Infuse could add such a feature. My projector has a 7-8 sec handshake when switching framerates which means i get a black screen for 8 seconds while the video is already playing in the background.

Please add an option to set up a delayed media playback when switching framerates!

1 Like

Hello!

Since I’ve finally used a device other than my OLED with infuse (BenQ projector), I’ve noticed that switching between 24P or HDR content creates a pretty substantial pause. Somewhere around 8 seconds or so, and obviously this differs per device you use. I’m not sure if Infuse can control this since that switching is done at the OS level, but it would be nice to have a general pause video for X seconds before resuming option in Infuse.

That way I can have it automatically switch my framerate or dynamic range and I don’t have to pause the video myself manually and rewind backwards in case I missed something (which is often the case in the shows I watch)

Thanks!
Brandon

Please add support to this thread. Don’t forget to like the first post.

2 Likes

Moved your post to the thread that munpip214 referred too. :wink:

1 Like

Haha then I will delete my extra post linking to it, thanks!

1 Like

One feature that is great in Kodi is being able to set a delay (pause) in playing the selected video to allow for your TV / Projector to change refresh rate. That way you don’t miss out on the start of the video.

Hello,

When starting or resuming a show which changes the refresh rate of my display, the screen goes blank for a moment and takes another second or so for the audio to pass through to the receiver. I always have to rewind a few seconds because I miss the first thing that is said. Is it possible to get infuse to delay playing for a second or two when a refresh rate change is triggered by the Apple TV such as what Kodi does?

Thanks

1 Like

Well, my projector takes approx. 30 seconds to sync to a new refresh rate, so consider yourself lucky if it only takes a moment :wink:

Hah! Ok, maybe a customisable delay? ?

Moving to suggestions. Thanks!

Hi,

My Setup is LGC1 => DENON AVR 2700H (earc) => APPLE TV 4K 2nd gen (SDR 4:4:4) with Match Content turn ON.

Tested on OS TV 15.4/15.5/15.6 beta

I use Plex media server last version on my windows computer.

With this config all switch SDR/HDR/DV type work fine with a little delay but Video and Audio start correctly in same time exept for Atmos where the apple tv must ask change the mode on receiver.

For the rest I use Dolby Surround Virtual for 5.1.2 exploitation.

If i use Match FrameRate the delay is present and give the following problem.

Video arrive a few second after the start of sound (1.5/2sec). But no desync i prefer precise that.

I take comparaison of Infuse 7.4 (pro user) and Plex player. The delay is less for video/sound launching with plex than Infuse.

On Netflix, Amazon, Disney and apple tv+ native apps from apple tv the delay have same problem ( Video after the sound but no desync.

I know that the receiver must need some little time to operate the switch, its normal. I know too that the connection must be with high speed cable and i have this cable.

So iam join to this suggestion for add a control option on Infuse in futur.

My global experience with Infuse is very good, I choosed to take pro for a lot of reason.

I hope that this suggestion come in a near futur for personal media playback. For the reste the ball is in the side of Apple OS.

Cordially

Webside