Set audio language, subtitles, and aspect ratio for complete series

Hello !

I think it would be nice if, when we set the preferred language / subtitle for an episode, these preferences remain selected for the whole series.
It’s annoying that it resets each new episode, especially in autoplay.

Thanks for your help !

22 Likes

+1 this for me is a big thing as I have a lot of media in different languages so having to switch on and off is such an annoyance.

1 Like

New user here, loving the app so far.
I was curious if it would be possible to have a method to change the default language settings on a per TV series basis? Managing movies that may need a tweak here and there isnt a huge task but when you have hudereds of shows that require different defaults it gets to be a bit much to manage.

Hi guys,

I don’t know if it’s a bug or a suggestion because I feel that working this way before, so I will be positive and go for a suggestion:

So I’m French. And I like to watch some English shows in English voices with FR subs, and some English shows in French audio without subtitles (like The Simpsons, where FR language remind me my childhood and I’m really use to theses voices).

So, my default subtile and language settings are full auto and mostly works fine with multiple audio with multiple embed subtitles per Movies/Shows, Infuse goes for English Audio and FR subtitles.
But If I have a shows with Multiple languages and Subtitles and decide to manually select French Audio and no subtilte, this is working fine until the next episode. Sometimes the next episode is in English with French subtitles or French Audio WITH French subtiles.

So, the expected feature is to memorise the language and subtitles parameters set the last time on this show, at least when you are in auto play.

Also, I understand that you can have sudio in one language, and subtitles in the same language for people with ears issues, but mostly there is no logical purpose to start automatically a show in FR with FR subtitle. But that more a point of view than a real subject.

Have nice day!

2 Likes

+1

This is a big issue for me too. +1

+1 yes pls

Hello,

I don’t know if this already comes up, but it would be very comfortable to be able to set the language of audio and subtitle for a show.

Example:

• I’m watching a show and the first episode starts in french audio ( atv default language ) with no sub.
  • I set audio=eng and sub=fre.
  • On next episode, the sub is ON (fre) but the audio is french again.
  • So for every episodes, I have to set the audio to Eng again and again.
  • If I finish season1 and starts the season2, even the subtitles reset on OFF.

Maybe we could long-press on a show and have an option like " set default language " to choose both audio and subtitle? And that would set the entire show new default settings.

Or auto-detect the setting of the first episode?

Cheers

1 Like

I moved your post to a currently running thread for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Could you add an option to select a preferred audio language for certain shows that is separated of the general preferred settings. For example, when watching a certain anime and in the first episode I set the audio to Japanese I prefer the player to remember this audio setting for the rest of the show instead of the hassle of changing the audio in every episode.

Moved this to another currently running thread for this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Search is your friend. :wink:

Cool!

Thank You :+1:t3:

Would love to see this, the way subs and audio tracks are handled is the one thing that bothers me the most about Infuse

1 Like

Dear support,
in current versions of Infuse is only default settings for subtitles to Auto, or selected language. But when I watching movies and series I have many of my movies in my local language and then I want to select “no subtitles” at all or “forced subtitles”.
Will be able to add new setting for subitles depends on audio, that will select right subtitles? There are some examples:
If audio will be in english, subtiles will be czech. If audio will be in czech, subtitles will be “forced czech” or disabled.
Right now I have selected czech for both audio and subtitles. For series in english it works fine, but for movies in czech I have to go to local setting for every movie I watching.

Thank you.
Btw. Plex has this options.

Hello,

I don’t know if this already comes up, but it would be very comfortable to be able to set the language of audio and subtitle for a show.

Example:

• I’m watching a show and the first episode starts in french audio ( atv default language ) with no sub.
  • I set audio=eng and sub=fre.
  • On next episode, the sub is ON (fre) but the audio is french again.
  • So for every episodes, I have to set the audio to Eng again and again.
  • If I finish season1 and starts the season2, even the subtitles reset on OFF.

Maybe we could long-press on a show and have an option like " set default language " to choose both audio and subtitle? And that would set the entire show new default settings.

Or auto-detect the setting of the first episode?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi!

I watch a lot of anime on Infuse and I love the app. But I watch them mostly in Japanese with English subs.

I have my Infuse on English track because, well, movies are better in english then in my native Dutch language

But here comes the problem that now when I want to watch an anime that has both the English and Japanese audio track it defaults to English. And it needs to be manually selected for each time I play the video.

Why can audio tracks not work like the metadata does when we manually select it? When I manually select other metadata it corrects every single file in the folder/serie

This would be ideal if it can happen with the audio track and subtitle as well

Faced an inconvenient problem while watching TV series. In all previous (hardware) players with which I had previously dealt, it was enough to select the audio track with the desired translation in the first episode, after which in all subsequent episodes, when viewed, the the same audio track in order was automatically turned on. Has included, for example, the sound track number 3 and in all the following series will automatically turn on the sound track number 3. It seems to me that this is both correct and very convenient. For infuse, alas, on any episode the first sound track is ALWAYS included. And you constantly have to rewind, choosing the track again.
It is very uncomfortable. Can I fix this somehow?

Unfortunately, this is not supported at this time.

However, Infuse will honor the ‘default’ tag when determining which audio track to select.

If you prefer to avoid this, you can change the Audio language option in Settings from Auto to your desired language.

You do not quite understand :slight_smile: What if there are SEVERAL tracks of the same language? For example - 3,4,5 different translations from German into Russian. And in each episode, for example, one would like to hear track №3. As I already wrote - many players automatically start the same audio track as in the previous series.
I would like to see it in the future and in infuse.

You could try batch editing the files to select track 3