Seasonpass 4.3 not working

[quote="mikegabriel"]

Ok, let's not worry so much about going backwards when we can go current.

On your Mac, open up Spotlight (Magnifying Glass, top right hand corner) and type Terminal.  You'll get an Application hit, open that.

From terminal type the following without the quotes around it - `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

If you get a password prompt, the password is `alpine` and you're already jailbroken.  Great!  If you get a different prompt, copy and paste it here.

[/quote]

Ok thanks for this, as soon as i get home ( 5pm UK) i will try this to see what happens

JB fine with the new seasonpass untethered on windows7 installed atvblack no problems and all installed fine.

Decided to unplug to see if truly untethered but boots up to black screen only.

RE Jailbroke 3 times and all goes perfect but will go to black screen if you unplug.

[quote="mikegabriel"]

On your Mac, open up Spotlight (Magnifying Glass, top right hand corner) and type Terminal.  You'll get an Application hit, open that.

From terminal type the following without the quotes around it - `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

If you get a password prompt, the password is `alpine` and you're already jailbroken.  Great!  If you get a different prompt, copy and paste it here.

[/quote]

Last login: Wed Apr  6 17:25:53 on ttys000

Hamish:~ Dj Kerrse$ ssh root@apple-tv.local

ssh: connect to host apple-tv.local port 22: Connection refused

Hamish:~ Dj Kerrse$ 

[quote="Kerrse"]

[quote=mikegabriel]

[/quote]

Last login: Wed Apr  6 17:25:53 on ttys000

Hamish:~ Dj Kerrse$ ssh root@apple-tv.local

ssh: connect to host apple-tv.local port 22: Connection refused

Hamish:~ Dj Kerrse$ 

[/quote]

the message in tiny umbrella i get

cannot start TSS service do not try restoring your device HTTPD (PID:30) must be killed

I was on software 4.1 not 4.2 which means i could of gone back to greenpoison :( i am now on 4.2 and attempting Seasonpass

I have run pwnage jailbreak as i got fed up trying to use Seasonpass as did not want to work on my computer. Pwnage worked first time not sure it's got everything i wanted but it's a start until Grennpoison bring out their version 

Ok so you've established that the ATV is not running SSH.  I managed to get mine working today so it's possible.  It took a couple tries but it eventually took.

Forget about Jailbreak right now, let's get it updated and running fresh and then we'll apply the Jailbreak afterwards.

Unplug everything from your ATV, open iTunes up on your Mac.  Plug the ATV into your Mac and hold the Play & Menu button for 7 seconds.  After you release, the Apple TV should popup in iTunes and you'll see a Restore button.  Click that and accept all the menus, let it download from Apple and install.  It will prompt you when it's done.

After that, unhook the USB and plug  your HDMI and Power back into the Apple TV.  Let it boot up and accept the language.  Once the Lowtide dashboard loads, unplug it again.

Let's clear your Cache on your system of any Restore files.  Open Finder and go to your home folder, if you have any files called `AppleTV2,1.4.3_8F202_SP_Restore.ipsw` or anything similar to that, delete it.  Next go into your Documents folder and see if you have a folder called `Tether`.  If you do, inside of it will be something similar to AppleTV2,1.4.3_8F202_Restore.ipsw`.  Delete that whole folder and them Empty the Trash.

Download a fresh copy of Seas0nPass, open it on your Mac and hit the Create IPSW.  When it's done it will prompt you to plug the ATV in and hold the Play & Menu buttons.  Follow the procedure and when done, plug in the ATV and boot it up.

After that's all done, run through the same procedure as before, open Terminal on your Mac and type `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

This time, it should work.

Thanks for the help but pwnage seems to be working so i am scared to try Seasonpass in case it all goes wrong again after getting my atv back to almost full capacity. My only issues with pwnage at the moment is aTV flash media player won't load and xbmc won't load but Plex works which is the main things i am using. I may attempt it in a few days but after all the hassle i have had i don't fancy it all going wrong and getting stressed all over again !! 

I can confirm one of the members comment that after unplugging the atv, it now wouldn't boot. Just the apple logo and then a blank screen. I am now trying to rejailbreak again using seasonpass but I don't think it would work. Let's see. 

That's why I don't understand why they called it untethered .

It's was easier to get back up and running when it was tethered

All sorted at last Seasonpass up & running. Thanks for your help :)