Seasonpass 4.3 not working

After restoring my ATV2 to factory setting i tried to download the untethered seasonpass the first time it went all the way through the backing up process but ended with 

Process failed with reason: Filesystem patches failed!!!

What do i do now as i have tried again & it goes traight to this message ?

Anyone got any ideas? I am gutted I had just got my ATV2 running smoothly on Greenpoison with aTV flash when i saw Seasonpass untethered was now ready so thought i would make the move, now i am back to an un-jailbroken ATV2 as Seasonpass is not working for me :(

I have managed to locate the restore ispw file on my hard drive & delete it, i am now attempting to load the restore ispw again. Hopefully will work this time !

Exact same thing has happened ! Any chance of some help here ?

Same here. iTunes will not allow.

Same here.. but i get an error on itunes..  itunes verifies then prepares the sp restore.. then usb beeps, another usb beeps, then error. tried two different pcs both windows 7 ult sp1 with 10.2.1.1.. help

Error every time in iTunes.

OK.. I GOT IT WORKING..

1. I was retryin the sp restore everytime.. by hitting shift in itunes.. that wont work cause it up loads a couple files right b4 u manually open itunes so make sure you rerun seas0npass everytime u try it..

2. when i first plug the atv in I plug n the power cord for just a sec then the usb.. then plug the power out.. if not i couldnt get into DFU. (dont kno why, but kno its the only way that works).

3. of course must sure your host file is fixed..

hope this helps some people..

Ironically, the jailbreak just worked for me too. Testing out the Media Player but for a lot of the video files I get low memory errors. Still Alpha, though.

Eric

Just got through the whole process and no signs of the jailbreak....What is different about the home screen after you JB with SP?

Just got it to work. It will not look any different after you JB until you install ATVFlash.

I was running 4.1.1 just fine with Seas0npass.  Then one day I needed to reboot it but the software had been updated (Seas0npass) and removed the tethered boot option since they had then released the untethered.  I couldn't get that to work so I used Greenp0ison and it was workig fine.

Saw today Fire Core released 4.2.1 untethered so I finally updated my ATV2 and did the JB Process.  All took fine, boots to Lowtide and nada, no XBMC tab.  Tried SSH, nada.  So no Jailbreak.

Did a full restore in iTunes, tried Seas0npass again, same thing.  Doesn't error at all but doesn't jailbreak.

What gives guys?

mikegabriel, I was in the same boat, this is ahat notoTV tweeted a few minutes ago:

"Seas0nPass doesn't install nitoTV, SSH is most certainly installed though, it just doesn't advertise over bonjour browser, attempting ssh root@apple-tv.local should work just fine, it will just take a minute with the SSH/RSA stuff the first attempt so be patient."

In fact it took some minutes until I could SSH in, will install XBMC now...

Interesting, I know SSH was not working though cause that was my method of confirmation.  RSA keys were cleared from ~/.ssh/known_hosts and no luck.  I only dicked around with it for a bit before I had to head into work.  I'll do another full restore tomorrow and see what happens.  Last time I ended up just using Greenpois0n and doing the rest manually.

I hope greenpoison bring out a 4.3 for atv2 very soon !

Kerrse, have you tried a full manual restore from iTunes yet?  Plug ATV2 into your computer, open iTunes and put the device into DFU Mode.  Click the Restore Button when it shows up and let it run through that process.

When you run an SSH attempt, what kind of error do you get back?  `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

[quote="mikegabriel"]

Kerrse, have you tried a full manual restore from iTunes yet?  Plug ATV2 into your computer, open iTunes and put the device into DFU Mode.  Click the Restore Button when it shows up and let it run through that process.

When you run an SSH attempt, what kind of error do you get back?  `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

[/quote]

I restored it twice last night & tried to run seasonpass, got the same issue both times. I'm not sure what you mean by running the SSH attempt i am fairly new to all of this ? When i broke using Greenpoison i just followed the instructions & it worked first time plugged it back in & my new menu was there. Is it possible to restore back to 4.2.1? i have a copy of it i found but not sure how to restore an older version?

Apple will no longer sign SHSH keys for 4.1.1 (Which is what I assume you meant to restore back to).  Unless you backed up your keys via TinyUmbrella you're out of luck for that.

I can give you a couple pointers, first I need to know what type of computer you're using, Mac or Windows?

[quote="mikegabriel"]

Apple will no longer sign SHSH keys for 4.1.1 (Which is what I assume you meant to restore back to).  Unless you backed up your keys via TinyUmbrella you're out of luck for that.

I can give you a couple pointers, first I need to know what type of computer you're using, Mac or Windows?

[/quote]

I am on a Mac at home, i meant to go back to 4.2.1 which i was using greenpoison RC6 on as the restore that comes with Seasonpass is 4.3.1? I did try use tiny umbrella but kept getting a do not restore with a fault number, not sure what it was off the top of my head but i couldn't back it up not even sure i was doing it correctly.

Ok, let's not worry so much about going backwards when we can go current.

On your Mac, open up Spotlight (Magnifying Glass, top right hand corner) and type Terminal.  You'll get an Application hit, open that.

From terminal type the following without the quotes around it - `ssh root@apple-tv.local`

If you get a password prompt, the password is `alpine` and you're already jailbroken.  Great!  If you get a different prompt, copy and paste it here.