Seas0nPass not downloading ipsw

Purchased aTV, downloaded Seas0nPass 0.7.6 (73) however when running Seas0nPass, I select “Create IPSW” to download firmware, however it does not do anything.  Screen shows Downloading AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw  however there is never a progress bar nor does it progress.

Then tried greenpois0n rc6.1 and although it stated complete, it has not jailbroken the device.

Apple TV is at v4.0 as it is a brand new device, only actions prior to attempt to JB was to join Wifi and entered Home Sharing.

It seems that apple has removed the ipsw from their webpage, its the same problem in itunes.

Is there anyway of restoring or loading the correct firmware on the device.

In settings about, it states 4.0

However when trying to apply update from iTunes it does not work (assume above issue of incorrect file) and if press ALT and restore to select firmware, when choosing file AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F202_Restore.ipsw  I get error  “This device isn’t eligible with the requested build”

Can someone help me with the 4.2.2 8F305 restore file? Maybe send it through sprend.com or smiliar.

It looks like there’s a network issue on Apple’s end that is affecting normal AppleTV updates and restores as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15443519#15443519

I’m sure the issue will be resolved soon, so maybe try again later?

Thanks James, I will try again tonight

Is this still not working? I’m stuck trying to jailbreak a new ATV2, any suggestions on alternative locations to get the file from?

Still does not work for me, and unfortunately do not know of alternative.

OK found this site that hosts AppleTV2,1_4.1_8M89_Restore.ipsw and downloaded it but now Pwnage tells me it’s the wrong file. Anyone know what the correct file name is. I also got AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw but get the same error with this one too. Site is http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ scroll down see Apple TV 2 from drop list. 

That page just redirects to the files on the apple download site.  The correct file is 4.2.2/8F305 which then does not download from the appldnld.apple.com site (akamai.net) as already reported

Does anyone here have the AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw on their computer? If so please upload to a DDL server like Fileserve or Filesonic. Apple seems to have fallen asleep at the wheel on this one.

Still no luck. Would the support team be able to set up something to allow users to move forward with the product? Can I move forward at all without that ipsw file?

Here’s a Filesonic link to download AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw 

[link removed]

The file size is 334.2 MB, is this the right size? Pwnage throws up an error saying “wrong firmware bundle selected” why is that any ideas anyone?

Jeeeeez been stuck on this for the last 24 hours as well. Just got a brand new Apple tv and not able to JB or download the new version from Itunes.

Earlier today, I tried something and was sure I cracked it. I was actually able the finish the whole installation using tinyumbrella and firmware AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F202_SP_Restore.
Both seasonpass and Itunes gave a message that installation has finished succesfuly.

Unfortunately when connecting it to the TV I found out that it is stuck on restore/recovery mode…and it is still stuck now. I don’t have much to do about it now because as I said itunes doesn’t even let me restore at the moment. any suggestions?

Like michaeib said, could the admins please devise a detour so new customers can proceed with the product they paid for. 

I’ve tried this workarround:

1. downloaded AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw from Megaupload (just google for it, eventually you’ll find a link)

2. modified /etc/hosts file on my Mac so that appldnld.apple.com points to 127.0.0.1

3. Enable “Web Sharing” on System Preferences

4. Create a foleder called “AppleTV” on Library/WebServer/Documents/, and then another folder “041-0596.20110511.Zz7mC” inside the first one, to simulate Apple’s web path.

5. put the “AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw” file on  Library/WebServer/Documents/AppleTV/041-0596.20110511.Zz7mC/ 

6. Launch Seas0nPass. 

Seas0nPass will then “download” the IPSW from localhost, and continue the installation process, but when iTunes does the restore with the modified IPSW, it gives an error while “Verifying updtate with Apple”.

I guess the “update checking” service is down also on Apple’s servers, as my hosts file is not modified to point to Cydia…

Any ideas on how to continue? maybe with Tiny Umbrella?

Defenitely try with tinyumbrella! it tricks apple’s verfication check and should enable you to install the new IPSW.

Let us know if it works! crossing fingers :slight_smile:

By the way, if it helps anyone, I was able to update to the “AppleTV2_1_4.3_8F305” without jailbreaking it.
I just used tinyumbrella, manually downloaded the IPSW and manually chose it in Itunes. (alt+restore).

Same problem here. Can’t download the restore.

@eranharpaz isn’t the whole point of this process to create a custom ipsw and get seas0npass on the ATV…? 

@jose.angelc  could you expand your explanation in step 4 I don't have WebServer in my library, do you mean we should create it these folders? Also you say "and then another folder "..." inside the first one" what does this mean? Thanks.

[quote="jose angelc.7557"] I've tried this workarround:

1. downloaded AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw from Megaupload (just google for it, eventually you’ll find a link)

2. modified /etc/hosts file on my Mac so that appldnld.apple.com points to 127.0.0.1

3. Enable “Web Sharing” on System Preferences

4. Create a foleder called “AppleTV” on Library/WebServer/Documents/, and then another folder “041-0596.20110511.Zz7mC” inside the first one, to simulate Apple’s web path.

5. put the “AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw” file on  Library/WebServer/Documents/AppleTV/041-0596.20110511.Zz7mC/ 

6. Launch Seas0nPass. 

Seas0nPass will then “download” the IPSW from localhost, and continue the installation process, but when iTunes does the restore with the modified IPSW, it gives an error while “Verifying updtate with Apple”.

I guess the “update checking” service is down also on Apple’s servers, as my hosts file is not modified to point to Cydia…

Any ideas on how to continue? maybe with Tiny Umbrella?

[/quote]