Search/browse by actor, director, writer

Loving INFUSE and have now added quite a few films & TV shows. I love how INFUSE downloads meta data for films showing actors, directors, etc. It would be great to be able to select these items and then link to lists of other films/tv shows featuring those people. In similar fashion to Netflix/Apple movies. I suppose you could potentially extend this to studio, year released etc.

In the longer run, it would be great if films on INFUSE could be included in the the search feature of the Apple TV, but I’m guessing that would not be possible as it would be mixing local content with cloud content(?)

37 Likes

DS Video (for Synology NAS) has this. It also finds recommended movies (based on tags)

Since the interface of the two apps are remarkably similar (!), I believe it could be implemented in Infuse as well.

2 Likes

Absolutely love that this shows up as planned. I hope also writer and country could be implemented I have to say (very usefull for some of us). So happy that this kick ass play everything, sleek designed and superstable app got some of this things planned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this subjection!

1 Like

Any progress on this?

I noticed that the status is pending so there is hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be an awesome feature.

1 Like

This would make a fantastic addition to Infuse, I notice this has been marked as pending so hopefully this will become a feature in the not too distant future.

1 Like

I’m a former Kodi User, and these are default features Kodi offers and I miss them with infuse.
Kodi is a great reference for things like this.

Also setting a global Filter to see only watched / unwatched elements, regardless where and how you are navigating thru your library.

2 Likes

Interesting idea but I wouldn’t prioritize that.

I would prefer to have trailers first.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

This and additional (usable) filters are the two most urgent additions to Infuse.

+1

+1

+1

Anyone else notice that this is no longer a Planned feature and dropped from the v6.0 Infuse release and into the backlog ???

any News

I thought I was seeing things, but this confirms it. The search by actor etc WAS planned for version 6! What the heck happened.

I do not know for certain but I suspect they just ran out of time in getting it implemented and wanted to get v6 out as it has many ‘under-the-hood’ enhancements that should pay off going forward. Hopefully with the major infrastructure changes in v6 out of the way we will be back to getting smaller updates every month or so and items like improved search get back into the development schedule. I know it is something I would like to have.

The good news is that it’s back on the upcoming features list. The bad news is that most of the past updates to Infuse also consisted of “under the hood” improvements, so I think major UI things like this are unfortunately not as high of a priority.