Scrubbing playhead all the way to the end of the timeline causes a "freeze"

Apple TV 4K
tvOS 13.3.1 (17K795)
Infuse Pro 6.3 (2932)

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Start playing a video
  2. Let the video play for a while
  3. Press the middle of the remote touch surface to pause the playback
  4. Swipe right on the remote touch surface until the playhead is at the end of the video timeline
  5. Press the middle of the remote touch surface to start the playback again

Expected Results (this is what used to happen with earlier Infuse versions)
Infuse would automatically navigate back to the previous menu, and the video would be marked as watched.

Observed Results
The video playback is paused showing the frame where the playback was paused and nothing happens. If you now press the remote Menu button, you’ll see a progress spinner that seems to spin indefinitely. And if you then press the Menu button for the second time, Infuse navigates back to the previous menu, but the video is not marked as watched.

This is an issue that was introduced in the Infuse 6.3 update - I know this because I’ve always had the habit of scrubbing to the end just to make sure the video gets marked as watched (I’ve since then noticed that this seems to be unnecessary).

I can’t seem to replicate this here with the handful of videos I’ve tried.

Is this happening with all videos, or just a few?

Can you send in a report from your device (Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code here?

Here’s the reference code: HMZ6X

The issue occurs with all the (five) TV shows I currently have in my library. The issue doesn’t seem to occur with any movies (I tested with four different ones).

What’s more, I just now tried to resume playback of a TV show episode I had previously scrubbed to the end of (and waited long enough to verify that it was frozen, and then pressed Menu to go back), and I saw the following error:

An error occurred
An error occurred loading this content.

And after clicking the “Mark as Watched” on said video, I was able to start playing it just fine. But that occurred after I had sent the diagnostics (at that point I had only tested one movie [without issue] followed by one episode of The Expanse TV show [with the issue]).


We’ll take a look and see what may be going on here.

This should be resolved in today’s 6.3.1 update.

Thanks for the report!

I can verify that the issue appears to be fixed in Infuse Pro 6.3.1 (2950)