Save Artwork in iCloud

This was on the roadmap quite a while ago but no longer and I couldn’t find an active post for it. Please add option to save all library artwork into iCloud for syncing/backup purposes.

7 Likes

Yup, the post that originally had it was locked back in 2019 when Infuse went to V6 that had most of the metadata (less the artwork) added to iCloud.

I agree, let’s get this feature so we don’t have to be at the mercy of other sources to reload things.

1 Like

I agree it was approved for 6.x but then lost in the sea.
Maybe it’s still somewhere in the roadmap
This shall improve the initial setup

Note the “Planned” tag next to the thread topic above. :wink:

As long as its optionable, Apple ain’t getting more of my $$$ to store 20GB+ worth of artwork for 18k+ Movies en probably about 2500+ series… Would be an utter nightmare for folks if this option isn’t properly explained and cautioned when selected, otherwise someone is going to have to answer questions on the forum all day about why infuse is using all their icloud storage…

Is that what Infuse is showing for your metadata storage now?

Fun fact, I have posters and backgrounds for every single one of my movies + tv series in seperate folders, so I have some kind of idea what it will take with my libraries…

^^ Infuse connected to my Plex, as per AppleTV…

iCloud sync isn’t used for Plex, Emby, or Jellyfin shares. :slight_smile:

I realise that, but based on my usage and library size, some people are going to have a big surprise

There will be a setting as well. :slight_smile:

iCloud Artwork Sync : [Yes] [No] [Surprise Me] :clown_face:

I understand your concern, but a new ATV or iPad setup will be seamless, and now it takes like a few days for a library of your size.
It’s hard to muster that when Netflix takes 5 minutes. Nobody but in this forum understands the process, making it impossible to recommend to average people.