Sapphire Movies and TV Shows Folders say <empty>

I’ve run the 3.2 patch and loaded a bunch of content on the ATV. I clicked over to Media>Sapphire and stepped through the normal procedure of “Import all Data…” , selected the proper titles when prompted, etc. When the job was complete, I clicked over to the TV Shows folder and it said it was . Same with the Movies Folder.
I ran the “Import all Data…” again, it found no new titles, so it zipped right through. Still no list in TV Shows or Movies. Both “”

Since I installed the 3.2 Flash update over the 3.1 install, I decided to start all over. I restored the ATV to factory settings, ran the Apple updates, made a new 3.2 patch stick, and ran the aTV Flash again. Loaded up the content, ran the Sapphire Import All Data…, and still the same problem. Nothing in the TV Shows or Movies list.

Mind you it worked fine with aTV FLash 3.1, and with the same content on the drive.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Alton

I have exactly the same issue with a recently installed ATV Flash 3.2 and Sapphire. in my case the folder with movies is fully populated with movie files but the folder with TV shows says empty.

I have have verified with previous versions of other patchsticks that this works as it should. I put this down to either the patch stick of Sapphire can’t seem to work out which one is at fault. I have Scanned and rescanned the folders with media files numerous times but the TV shows folders still displays empty. Would appreciate if anyone has a resolution to this.

How are you naming your files? They need to be named in a specific way for Sapphire to recognize them, and pull information for them.

Taken directly from the Sapphire documentation:

To get better results fetching show information from TVRage.com we have chosen to specifically support three typical naming schemes.

* show.name.S##E##...ext
      o The.Office.S03E11.avi 
* show.name.#x##...ext
      o Heroes.1x22.avi 
* show.name.###...ext
      o Dead.Like.Me.203.avi

TV shows were all showing with the previous version of Sapphire, it is only after installing the 3.2 patch and the latest sapphire b2 which has caused this to happen. I have looked at their site and it seems that many people have the same problem. It seems that TV Rage have changed something in their coding/ feed thus messed everyone up big time. No work around until they compile another beta version.

Early on I looked around the Sapphire site and didn’t see much at the time.
I assume you were referring to another compile of Sapphire and not aTV Flash, any suggestions on how to revert to the earlier version?
Might Applecore llc offer an update when the Sapphire plug in is fixed. I suspect it’s the single most popular reason to use aTV Flash - except ordering pizza of course.

Yes, it does look like a conflict with the Sapphire plugin itself.

Once a new version of Sapphire becomes available, it will be incorporated into the aTV Flash package.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Sapphire plugin has been updated. It is now included in the latest version of aTV Flash. Those who purchased the electronic version can download the updated version through their online account.

Please note, the new version is 3.2.1, however it will still appear as 3.2 in your online account.

Can we download and update the new version without wiping everything which we have done already?

Can we download and update the new version without wiping everything which we have done already?[/quote]

Yes, once you have the 3.2 version installed, newer versions can be installed right on top of the existing software.

What is the procedure for updating from version 3.2 of the Patchstick to 3.2.1 ?

What is the procedure for updating from version 3.2 of the Patchstick to 3.2.1 ?[/quote]

1. Re-create the flash drive using the 3.2.1 software.
  2. Insert flash drive into Apple TV.
  3. Power on.
  4. Apple TV will go through the same install procedure, and update any outdated plugins.
  5. Your media and settings will not be changed.

What is the procedure for updating from version 3.2 of the Patchstick to 3.2.1 ?[/quote]

1. Re-create the flash drive using the 3.2.1 software.
  2. Insert flash drive into Apple TV.
  3. Power on.
  4. Apple TV will go through the same install procedure, and update any outdated plugins.
  5. Your media and settings will not be changed.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll give it a try and let you know how it works.

First, Thank you.
This update did work for me, generally. I know have Sapphire assigning metadata and sorting programs as expected. I’m sure this is a Sapphire issue, and not an aTV Flash general issue, but only programs added after the patch actually get tended to. I even tried clearing the drive and adding all 27 programs (some old, most new since the patch) back. My wild guess is there’s some database within Sapphire that thinks the pre-patch programs have already been sorted. I’m not too keen on starting from scratch again.
Is there an easy way to clear the Sapphire database?

I had the same issue, on the Sapphire it tells you to mark the entire TV show folder to “refetch data” then do a search again and it will catalogue everything correctly. I did it yesterday and it did not ask me for any input while searching but came back with a result that it had updated over 4,000 entries. everything then appeared ok in Sapphire in the TV show virtual directory.

Would you mind elaborating on your comment “Sapphire it tells you to mark the entire TV show folder to “refetch data” then do a search again.” I don’t recall being presented with the option, nor do I see “refetch data” as a menu option anywhere in Sapphire settings. I stepped through all the data collecting options in the Settings menu (Populate File Data, Fetch TV Show data, etc), and although it seemed to do something, I still have, for example, Episode 3 (added before the patch) still does not appear in the TV Shows list while Episode 04 does appear. No titles changes were made.
What and where did you “mark the entire TV Show folder” and at what point in the process did the request happen?
Thanks for your patience.

Check this
Sapphire Browser Beta 6.3 Release Notes
Any TV Shows not showing up in the TV Virtual directory must be re-imported. Go to the TV-Show, and using the Mark Menu, Mark the TV Show data to be re-imported. Then run the importer again.
Browse to the virtual link which has the path to your folder with the tvshows within Sapphire, then press the right forward button on the remote, you will then see a menu which has a host of options one of which is to refetch data, select this and then go back and do a search again.