Ripped DVDs Onto External Primary Storage HD

DZarc2 had previously posted the following instructions:

How to Access External USB HDD in Cyberduck

1: Open CyberDuck
2: Create New Bookmark with the following information

Nickname: ATV USB HDD (or whatever nickname you want)
Protocall: SFTP (CHoose this from drop down menu)
Server: appletv.local
Port: 22
username: frontrow
Path: /mnt/Scratch
Encoding: default
Do not check “Use PUblic Key Authentication”
Download Folder: Choose a folder to download to, just choose “downloads” or something (this option is if you want to copy files off your HDD and onto your mac, so choose anything)

then the bookmark should be saved and you should be able to open it up and access your atv at /mnt/scratch.
Your external usb hard drive will be under “Volumes”.

I did this and under “Volumes” saw a folder “MediaHD” (that is what I named my external HD). I created a new folder in “MediaHD” and called it “Movies”. I then transferred a DVD ripped via Ripit into the “Movies” folder.

The problem is that I cannot access the movie via NitoTV > Files. I have run the Smart Installer again and restarted the AppleTV without any change.

Under Sapphire>Collections>/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/MediaHD I get to the Movies and can see the ripped DVD title. When I go to play it, I get an error screen:
“Playback Error”
“DVD playback not supported on the Apple TV”

So what am I doing wrong?
Did I transfer the ripped DVD into the wrong folder?
Is there some other setting that I missed?

I’d appreciate any help as this is becoming very frustrating and I do not want to transfer over any more ripped DVDs until I know what works.

I think perhaps you have transferred the DVD to the wrong folder.

Try mnt/Scratch/Volumes/MediaHD/External Media (cyberduck) and then play them on the ATV in NitoTV…Files…External Media. The two tries I’ve made have played fine on the ATV.

That worked for me after you suggested I was unable to FTP because my internal was full (I think that’s why FTP wasn’t working anyway). I was unknowingly transferring to the internal, but should have been transferring to the external as you pointed out. Thanks. I saw that External Media folder NitoTV…Files and guessed that’s where transfers ought to go.