reverting to factory default! Please help!

Hi, I have been trying to use Seas0npass to jail break my AppleTV2 and am having no luck.

I have updated the appleTV threw Itunes (version 11.1.3.8) and my AppleTV is now at version 6.0.2

I load Seas0npass and click Create IPSW. It prompts me to connect the AppleTV via USB to continue. I plug the USB device in and have to plug the power cord in. ( I have completed the proccess with the power cord both plugged in and unplugged.

Seas0npass installs the software. It creates the IPSW and compresses the IPSW. The device enters DFU mode and it uploads iBEC.k66ap.RELEASE.dfu to the device. It restores the firmware and extracts software. It verifies Appe TV software and restores the Apple TV software. It verifies Appe TV software again. I then get the Custom IPSW created successfully! Itunes however does not open automatically. I click the OK buttom in Seas0npass and open itunes up manually and the appleTV does not show up. When I go into the Seas0npass folder and manually open the AppleTV2, 1_5.3_10B809_SP_Restore the AppleTV does show up and I click the recover button. It extracts software and Itunes restors the software to the appletv and then it verifies the Appletv software. and restors the AppleTV firmware. There isa pop up that says ÿour Apple TV has been restored to factory settings. Please disconnect your apple tv from your computer and reconnect it to your TV

I can't do a tethered boot after this is completed. There is a cross symbol over the chord in the boot tether image.

I unplug my AppleTV from the computer (USB and power) and plug it into the network, power chord and TV and there is no Firecore logo and the AppleTv is 6.0.2

Please let me know how I can get the jailbreak to work. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

I can help on a couple things.

1. The latest seasonpass does not need iTunes to open to compleate jailbreak

2. The latest 5.3 jalibreak for 5.3 is UNtethered, no need to tether.

3. I believe you are jailbreaking it but when you go into iTunes you are restoring it to unjailbreak status.

Hi,

Attempting to restore to 5.3 with the latest version of Seas0npass & everything seems fine until it gets to “Extracting software” and stays on that.

I have attempted to restore to different versions & also to restore through iTunes (with the intention to restore back to 5.3 through SP after) but get error 1618 with them.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as im pulling my hair out here!  :(

Thank you Carpenter940!  I guess I was making it more difficult then it needed to be!  Jailbroken!  Now to try getting XBMC loaded on and everything will be good to go!