Restoring 5.2 jailbreak

Sorry in advance if this is a noob question. I am currently jailbroken on 5.2 (untethered) and have been for a while. My XBMC does not seem to be working right. When I click on different movies/shows, they are not playing. I have XBMC on my ipad, mac, raspberry pi and ATV and the ATV is the only one giving me trouble so I know it’s not xbmc itself. I tried to un-install xbmc using terminal (apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2) and get this message “E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.” I figured I will just restore ATV and do a fresh install. I’ve jailbroken iphones in the past and I’m aftraid if I do a restore, it will put 5.3 on. Can someone give the proper steps to restore my ATV without upgrading the software.

Thanks

You should check in the ATV Flash Maintenance app what firmware signatures you have backed up to make sure that 5.2 is listed.

Assuming it is, then you right click the Create IPSW option in SeasonPass and select 5.2 as the release to be used.

If that is the only problem you are having, I would make sure you have maintenance and remove xbmc, then restart apple tv and then reinstall xbmc. Then I would add fusion to your sources and the use the hub wizard to install all of your add ons. This should make it to where your movies and tv show should work again.

If that is the only problem you are having, I would make sure you have maintenance and remove xbmc, then restart apple tv and then reinstall xbmc. Then I would add fusion to your sources and the use the hub wizard to install all of your add ons. This should make it to where your movies and tv show should work again.

Thanks for the help. I tried some of the tips but still no luck. I went in to ATV Flash Maintenance and tried to update Nito and get a write error 28 message. After a little more research, I just needed to clear my cache. Once I cleared the cache, I was able to delete XBMC and re-install.

Why not just run dpkg --configure -a  ??

Takes about twenty seconds…