I've done some stupid things to get where I am now but I thought I'd appeal to the community for any possible suggestions other than waiting for a jailbreak.
Starting from the beginning, I had a jailbroken ATV2 running ver 5.x (don't recall the exact version) but running fine nonetheless. One day I was compiling a large channel list in one of the TV addons and my power flickered. The ATV went into a boot loop where I would get the spinner on the screen infinitely. I found a workaround online which, if I held the menu button during the boot loop after a few random tries I could get to the main menu. From there I could launch XBMC, etc & everything would be fine until it randomly rebooted again, was unplugged, etc. At this point I would have to repeat the whole process of holding Menu again, etc. etc. Each time it took longer & more attempts.
About 3 days ago I was reconfiguring my home theater & had to unplug it. Again the boot loop. Took forever & when I finally got into the menu screen none of the remote buttons worked. Tried 3-4 times & each time same result: would reach the main screen but couldn't navigate.
I had never had to touch my ATV2 to jailbreak it so I was totally new to blobs, what versions were able to be jailbroken which ones weren't, etc. As a result I had nothing. Someone who claimed online to be able to jailbreak it again for me said he'd take a look. What he returned to me was my ATV2 running the latest (6.2, which apparently was just released a week or so prior!) version with no jailbreak, nothing additional. It's basically like out of the box. So I tried doing some research. I found a thread ( http://forum.firecore.com/topic/10197) which mentioned a downgrade to 4.4.2 tethered that doesn't require the blobs to be saved. Tethered is fine with me, I just want my box back to a state where it can be jailbroken. The problem is the forum offers a link with a pre-signed IPSW file shared on Slingfile and their site is down for maintenance.
So basically as a last-ditch effort before I toss this ATV2 in the trash & go buy a new box I need to know am I totally screwed, if *any* help or suggestions can be offered, or what (if anything) can be done. Thanks for listening to my dilemma. Help is appreciated.