Restore to 5.3

My ATV has updated to 6.0 but I do have saved 5.3 blob.

When I start Seasonpass to start the JB process the only option I see create IPSW. I do understand that once completed this will be a tethered JB but that is OK.

How do I roll back back ATV to 5.3 in order to perform a JB? I have tried reading but have not seen specifically how to restore.

Any help or direction on what to read in order to first roll back my ATV2 to 5.3 and then perform JB in order to install XBMC would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just click the create ipsw and everthing will be fined. Good thing, Apple is still signing the 5.3 even if its tethered.

So I don’t need the saved blob?

As long as apple is still signing you don’t need saved blob. 5.3 and 6.0 are still being signed at this time.

Thanks, tethered JB just completed,all seems to be working.

Now to add XBMC, is there a guide for that here? 

Once jailbroken try the XBMC HUB WIZARD http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/06/03/how-to-jailbreak-and-install-xbmc-on-your-apple-tv-2-then-configure-it-with-the-xbmc-hub-wizard-addon/ to install XBMC (skip to part two for the instructions), it will install XBMC. Both nitoinsaller and xbmc installer may take awhile to install, so don’t worry too much after 5 minites or so and it hasn’t installed yet.

Thanks to all that helped.  XMBC installed and working good. I am just tweaking it to my preferences.

hi friend, you can help me? accidently my apple tv upgrade to 6.0.1 yesterday, i need to downgrade to IOS 5.3, but I dond save ssh files… when you talk about blob, you make reference to ssh files?? can you help me?.. my skype is fabian.erazo83  and email fabianchohernando@hotmail.com

sorry, my inglish is very bad!

hi friend, you can help me? accidently my apple tv upgrade to 6.0.1 yesterday, i need to downgrade to IOS 5.3, but I dond save ssh files… when you talk about blob, you make reference to ssh files?? can you help me?.. my skype is fabian.erazo83  and email fabianchohernando@hotmail.com

sorry, my inglish is very bad!

proceed with the jb process 5.3 while apple is still signing it.

blob = SSH = signatures

I do it! but when the itunes restore update to ios 6.0.1 again… 

i think that i need a manual… please help me.

did you run seas0npass?

my frient, thankyou, Finally I can downgrade my apple tv2 to IOS 5.3, your experience help me so much! thank you by your attention! now I’m installing xbmc and pelisalacarta plugin! 

great and enjoy