Option to always display folders on top

@NC_Bullseye
Hi, please can u check this with James? Ist was a senseless change.

Look at the order when sorting by filename (only possibility to sort folders first):

I want folders first with sort by filename as
Movie 1.mkv
Movie 2.mkv

This was the normal case before 6.x.x

Thanks a lot

Any news on this bugfix yet?

I already gave up this topic. So brutal that u don’t get any reaction on this. I will end up my subscription. I mean this is a bug or a bad update in the past and everybody ignores this. Such a …really. What is this? I am so pissed off…

1 Like

Special thnx @james

Anything happening on this?

Let us sort by filename with folders on top.

Attention on it please!!!

This feature was in Infuse 6 and has been removed.
It should be an option for all view sort parameters.
You want to show by Titles, Dates, or FileName, let us decide whether our folders are on top or not.
It works only with Titles, but Titles do not reflect our movie naming conventions if we decide to name the movies following personal classification.
I put the A, The, etc… at the end: “Firm, The” or “Night At The Opera, A”
Then Infuse wrongly catalogs them and the attached titles (meta) is wrong. My movies are not in the order I want.
That is why it should let us sort them the way we want and allow Folders on top (or not)

Yes.

I can’t understand why they are dragging their feet on this issue. Should be a no brainer.

Very disappointing

Sign!

I wonder if this thread ever gets read by the developers.
This is no a hard thing to do.

When in File View and sort by Name I would very much like to have folders on top. You know, like it is e v e r y w h e r e else on every major system.

This is not a hard fix.

Please, do it.

Thank you

Totally agree, this has been a hot button for me now for quite some time. There is however a way but it’s not one that would work for everybody. Create a share that is based upon SMB. Mine points back to a shared drive on my iMac with all the movies. Folders are displayed up top with other movies below when scrolled down. This solution is not for everybody but it works for us.

Still nothing?

Yeah…I don’t know whats going on with firecore. Still didn’t change back the annoying senseless logic since 6.2.5.

@james please(!!!) bring the option to have folders on top specially for sorting by filename (now it is only when sorting by title). Come on…there were no issues till 6.2.5. all the hard work in creating our own library structure is gone. Bring it back please. FOLDER FIRST IN EVERY SORTING OPTION.

Thanks!!!

Folder always on top when sorting by date/title? - #24 by iSchnatz

1 Like

Please gives us Sorting by file name with folders on top. Like it is EVERYWHERE else.

Thank you.

Infuse already does this when you use the Folders Browser.

This will never happen in the Library because the entire point of the Library is to consolidate all a user’s media into one place without regard to its location in folders, subfolders, local shares, remote shares, various cloud services; or wherever.

For users who don’t want consolidation and want to access their content via their own unique folder hierarchy, Infuse provides the Files Browser.

Somethings you can do:

• Make favorites of your folders and add them to the favorites bar.
  • Rename the folders with a number prefix (“001-Animation”) or underscore (“_Animation_”) so they are sorted first.
  • Rename the files from your folders with a number (001 for “Animation”; 009 for “Westerns”) preceding the titles so sort-by-filename puts them first.
    You’d do this after scraping, downloading, and saving metadata (as .nfo) for the folder titles using Kodi or TMM and you’d need to rename both the media files and the .nfo with the prefix-number — but this will list those titles first (though not in folders).
  • Perhaps add all you folder contents to custom collections, and name the folders with number prefixes as above; and see if “sort by title” puts them first.

I never use the library. Only file browser.

In the settings I have
Listview: On
Show Filenames: On
Sort by: File Name

This does not put the folder in the beginning of the list.

If I put Listview to Off it still does not put folder in the beginning.

1 Like

Any change if you turn that off?

Here’s another idea:

I don’t mix folders and loose titles (every title is put in a folder, and thus I only see folders in the top-level of the files browser).

Maybe if you just created one more folder for all the loose titles (“Everything Else” or “Uncategorized” or “Miscellaneous” or “Misc.”) you’d have the ease of access you desire?

Folders would no longer be hidden amongst hundreds or thousands of loose titles.