request Clear info about restoring Apple Tv with custom fw on Itunes

HI

Is it possible to restore the apple Tv, with the firmware patched by seas0npass, on Itunes?

I only get #1600 everytime and I read a lot of posts mentionning the same situation as well as different “magic” tricks to achieve this. Not being convinced by magic tricks I guess there might be someone out there who knows for sure if it’s technically possible or not.

Cheers,

To answer my own question, it seems that restoring the appletv with a custom firmware directly in Itunes is not possible. The appletv needs be plugged in DFU Pawned mode. Seas0npass is supposed to do that for you, that is the few dlls that you can see being uploaded right before opening Itunes during the jailbreak process.

So if whenever the jailbreak process stops and you want to manually pick the custom firmware and restore it in Itunes, you need to use something like PwnageTool (the 4.3.3.1 version will do that) to have your ATV in DFU pawned mode before restoring

To answer my own question, it seems that restoring the appletv with a custom firmware directly in Itunes is not possible. The appletv needs be plugged in DFU Pawned mode. Seas0npass is supposed to do that for you, that is the few dlls that you can see being uploaded right before opening Itunes during the jailbreak process.

So if whenever the jailbreak process stops and you want to manually pick the custom firmware and restore it in Itunes, you need to use something like PwnageTool (the 4.3.3.1 version will do that) to have your ATV in DFU pawned mode before restoring