Remove Apple Tv Menu Items?

Thanks!!!

I will try it this weekend, just hope I’ll screw nothing up :smiley:

But Really thanks for the effort!!!

Hello,

the easiest way is to modify the info.plist from the plugins:

look there —> /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns here you can find all Plugins.

e.g. Plugin XBMC —> /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents
then open info.plist and change this item, , after change save the info.plist

original:
FRAppliancePreferedOrderValue

after change:
11 <-----this is the new position on apple TV Menu

next e.g Plugin sapphire ----> /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sapphire.frappliance/Contents
then open info.plist and change this item, after change save the info.plist

original:

after change:
9 <-----this is the new position on apple TV Menu

and this can you do for all your Menu items :slight_smile: then a reboot and you see your items new sorted.

Hope that helps

Cheers guibaa[/quote]

Hi,

If I want to change the .plist and save it I get PERMISSION DENIED. How can I overrule this???

Thanks!!!

Okay so I had to do is this:

Take the Info.plist file off the AppleTV into my computer and edit it using TextEdit. I used Fugu to transfer the file to the Documents folder in the frontrow home folder in the AppleTV. I then used SSH -1 in Terminal to login to the Apple TV, I then went to the Documents folder and ran this command:

sudo mv Info.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/

I typed in the frontrow password and it moved the file and overwrote the old Info.plist file. Hope that is the problem.

thanks for this, it worked great!
HOWEVER
Im an idiot and accidentally overwrote the Info.plist file for Photos with another one

can anyone here give me the Info.plist file for Photos so that I can replace it? Or just post the text?

I would greatly appreciate it

thanks