Remote HD with new 5.3 untethered break

I just uploaded the new 5.3 untethered jailbreak and atvflash for the atv2. All is working well–except for Remote HD. I had to dig through the NitoTV packages to find it. Once I did I installed it, but Remote HD on the iPad doesn’t find my atv. I even tried setting up a connection manually with the IP address and get a connection refused message. I’m not entirely sure Remote HD actually installed on the atv correctly–can’t see any other indication other than under NitoTV it says “Installed”.  I may be thinking of something else, but I thought in previous atvflash versions an icon for Remote HD would show up on the main screen.  Not this time or not installed correctly?  Any advice on how to get it to activate?

Many thanks!

C

As far as I kn ow Remote HD does not work with the latest firmware releases (ever since the underlying iOS was upgrade to iOS6).   I must admit I wished it did as I used to use it myself.

Anyone know who can fix this?

I really miss RemoteHD from my iPad.

Rick

RemoteHD stopped working for me too. I've downloaded Rowmote and it's working fine, so maybe give that a go?

[quote="coreyh.91594"] I just uploaded the new 5.3 untethered jailbreak and atvflash for the atv2. All is working well--except for Remote HD. I had to dig through the NitoTV packages to find it. Once I did I installed it, but Remote HD on the iPad doesn't find my atv. I even tried setting up a connection manually with the IP address and get a connection refused message. I'm not entirely sure Remote HD actually installed on the atv correctly--can't see any other indication other than under NitoTV it says "Installed".  I may be thinking of something else, but I thought in previous atvflash versions an icon for Remote HD would show up on the main screen.  Not this time or not installed correctly?  Any advice on how to get it to activate? Many thanks! C [/quote]

My problem is same,

I have aTV 1 st gen and aTV 2nd gen. I have same problems. I purchased for RemoteHD app wastly,because:

1. Remote function: are available freely and easy to find them, even if built-in aTVFlash (black) likes ROWMOTE.

2. Airplay function: available in iOS for aTV2; For aTV1, airplay only support audio, not video (limited hardware);

3. Mirror: RemoteHD doesn't support to aTV1 (because OS X version is low). This function is main concern and valuable. However, MIRROW app is same and available in Firecore (not free)

aTV 2Gen's SSH/FTP server is locked after installing aTVFlash Black to preven a manual config setup while this 3rd party setting-up is not accessed via aTVFlash Black.