Remote for browsing the actual AppleTV 2 apps

Hello,
this regards more to the regular ATV2 iOS browsing but didn’t know where to post it. Is there a remote app that will let me browse the apps that are on the actual apptv? Example Radio. This way I can play the radio app without turning on the tv.

Rowmote is the best, but its navigation only. I can’t Start the Radio (for example, or XBMC) without turning on the TV and see what is selected. I need something like the XBMC remotes that you can see the icons/menus like movies, tv shows, programs, settings in the actual app on the smartphone.

Thanks,
S@

If you are on firmware 4.4.4 or earlier on your ATV2 then Remote HD app can do what you want. However unfortunately as far as I know this does not (yet anyway) run on the 5.x series of firmware.

I would be very happy to hear myself if there is any other equivalent that runs on the 5.x versions of ATV2 firmware.

Exactly what I needed. The one ATV2 I have is on 4.4.4 and it works perfectly. The one I have on 5.0.2 dont work. Any new version that I can’t still find?

Thanks,
S@

Not that I know of.

The lack of Remote HD support is the one thing I really miss from the ATV2 I have running 5.2 firmware. I am hoping that at some point a version of the Remote HD component that runs at the ATV2 end will be upgraded to run on the 5.2 firmware. I am assuming it was the move to the underlying iOS version being iOS6 that broke the Remote HD support.

I just did: apt-get install remotehd-atv2

and got the icon on my 5.0.2 firmware.

To remove it type: apt-get purge remotehd-atv2

Now I dont what version of Remote HD to get. What is the difference from the one that is 8$ and the one that is 2$?

Thanks,
S@

EDIT: The lite version does not support AppleTV 2 :confused:
8 bucks is a litle too much…

I use rowmote and works like a charm on my apple tv2 5.2

The problem with that as far as I know is that you still need your TV switched on to see what you are doing with Rowmote? Remote HD (which unfortunately does not currently work on 5.2/5.3) would also show you the menus that would be on the TV screen so it avoided the need to tie up the TV for doing things like playing audio which I found extremely useful.

I read remote HD is not liking 5.2/5.3 and some having bricking issues when trying to install. Have there been any updates on this? Are we ever going to see remote hd work on latest ios?