Recently Added should use media file modifed date

Ok, Infuse 6 works like a dream for me even running on my old ATV4 HD. But I do have a number of small peeves and this is one of them.

My movies are all sitting in their own folders. e.g. Skyfall (2012). Currently, Recently Added is driven off the folder modified date. SO whenever I do some housekeeping and add local artwork, add a subtitle file or add a trailer or extra to this folder, Infuse then shows the movie as Recently Added.

Suggestion is to change behaviour to use the media file’s modification date and not the folder mod date. I know other Infuse users would support this as many others have commented on the impracticality of the current approach.

3 Likes

This still irritates me. After deleting a bunch of old local artwork in some movie folders, all these movies now show up as recently added. Arrrrgh!!!

If I add new Cover Art to a movie that has already been matched correctly and has been in the library for a while, it gets moved to first in the recently added, this is deliberate behaviour ?

All my movies are in their own folders and I am adding posters etc into the folder and then using Edit Metadata.

This is due to Infuse driving Recently Added behaviour from the folder modified date and not the actual media file. Its quite annoying as when you add posters, art work, subtitles or anything into the folder, the movie is shown as new/recently added, when in fact it is not.

I moved your post to the suggestion thread that @movie_lover referenced so you add your support for this suggestion to use the file instead of the folder.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Many Thanks