I have version 4.4.4 with issues. Alway shutting down and taking forever to get it to back onto xbmc. Should I upgrade through iTunes then put the new JB (fix)?

It’s not necessary to upgrade through iTunes first.  Just run the latest version of S/P.  Save your shsh blobs for version 4.4.4

hold on big fella. I bought this jailbroken so I dont know any of this save this and save that.How do I do that?

Hey guys. I’m in a similar situation. I have been holding out with an older 4.x version on my ATV2 because I’ve been waiting for an untethered release. But awhile back, people use to say “stick with 4.x, it performs better because it uses less resources, bla bla bla…”

The reality is, that there have been several iterations of release since that time. Is “less resources” really an issue any more, or is it worth finally doing this upgrade? I am looking forward to leaving 4.x because of minor bugs with Airplay, Netflix, etc…

Just make sure you’ve saved your 4.x blobs and then go ahead and upgrade.  That way if you don’t like the upgrade you can simply return to 4.x  You should be able to have everything up and running in less than an hour.  Personally, I find 5.x takes a bit longer to load add-ons, etc. but the difference isn’t that noticeable. 

Well the best way to save your existing blobs is what is called a “dump”.

You use iFaith from a Windows machine to do that.  The release of iFaith as of this post is 1.5.9 which shoudl do the the trick.

After you “dump” the blobs, feel free to use the current release of Seas0nPass, and create IPSW which will bring you to ATV 5.3 release.

Let us know if any questions.