Rating Home Videos

I am currently an Infuse Pro subscriber. I’ve been using it for a year but just recently started to take an interest into rating my collection. One thing I noticed was that I COULD rate a title that the metadata was synced. However, any home videos I have imported I CANNOT rate. The option doesn’t come up. Is there a way to rate Home Videos and other videos that are not matched with a metadata entry that is looked up?

Finally, a general question. Is there a way to rename a video file within the app? I was guessing no since I can’t find anything on it, but thought I would throw it out there in case I missed something.

Thank you in advance for your advice!
Thomas

You may want to try creating your own nfo file for each movie. I believe you can then rate them. There’s a sample file on this page

Not at this time that I know of. I believe the only “changes” you can make to a file from within Infuse is delete it with the “File Management” option turned on.

Thanks NC_Bullseye. I’ve downloaded the XML file shown as an example for custom metadata. However, Infuse still doesn’t pick it up. I’m wondering if having it in .mp4 is causing the issue?

I downloaded the sample XML, renamed the file to the same name as the .mp4 file, and loaded it to the same folder as the .mp4. It doesn’t show up even after changing Infuse to “use local metadata”.

Sorry bout that, it seems that the xml file will provide about everything BUT the rating. Why? Heck if I know. :man_shrugging:

You could always just put your rating in the Description part of the xml file. You wouldn’t be able to update the rating in Infuse but the info would be there in the description.

That’s crazy but thanks for finally giving me a closure to this mystery. I’ve been spending way too much time on trying to figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like