Rate complete show

Hi @james ,

at the moment you can rate single “items” like a single movie or a single episode of a show.
For movies it makes sense to rate single movies.
However I think it makes more sense to rate a complete show which then will be shown somewhere.

2 Likes

I agree it’d be nice to be able to rate an overall TV show but I don’t know if TMDB has that in their data.

I wonder if Infuse could have it’s own “Thumbs Up” (or down) that could be added to the individual show info…

A range of ratings like 1 to 5 stars or a numerical value between 1 and 10 may be too bloated but a binary, thumbs up or down (or not rated) may be possible. :wink:

I may be missing something here but what’s the tmdb significance?
I would have thought it’s more a Trakt thing to set personal ratings?

I do know that Plex (which now allows rating our media library) accommodates the rating of episode, season and the overall show and they all show up in Trakt.

I believe (but may be WAY wrong) that Infuse gathers the user rating from TMDB with the other metadata. I don’t use trakt or Plex at all and I still see some ethereal rating for TV episodes and movies so I assumed that it was gathered from TMDB.

Right I assumed probably wrongly that the OP was referring to personal ratings.

Right, but I would guess the dev would still have to have a template of data like the other ratings we can change to our own.

Personally, I’d prefer a thumbs up, down, or two palms up (for who knows/unrated) vs a numerical value for entire TV shows.

Full disclosure, I don’t even see the ratings now for either TV or movies. I’ve got so used to ignoring them since they mean absolutely nothing with the random sources of bogus scoring.

1 Like

TMDB audience ratings or the rate button?

They’re both there but

so i don’t even notice them anymore.

1 Like

On TMDB (also on IMDB) there are also ratings for the whole show.
The thing is, what can we do with this information? Is there a filter or something like “Only 10/10 movies/shows”?