I am seriously considering purchase of an Apple TV and atvFlash.
I would like to see if someone can give me a good walk through on the process of using the atvFlash and apps with a new version aTV. I am considering ordering a refurb aTV through Apple, so I can only assume it will have latest version firmware. Hopefully the atvFlash will still be compatible.
So my questions on the process are as follows:
- Once the atvFlash is installed on a Flash Drive, does that drive need to stay in the aTV at all times?
- Does the atvFlash allow the aTV to use an external USB HDD instantly after installation or is there something else I need to do?
- Once I have atvFlash and USB external HDD, how hard is it to connect nitoTv to browse/use my movies on the ext. HDD? IE - Do I need to use a keyboard and mouse to navigate and input the path?
- With atvFlash installed can I also use a NAS like Apple Time Capsule or other Network back up drive?
- Is it easy to organize my movies and TV shows in nitoTV? IE - Can I do subcategories and genres?