Questions from a ex-Kodi user, Infuse newbie

Hi,

I just downloaded the free app on my ATV 4K to test it, and the first impresstion is very positive indeed. Coming from the Kodi (and MrMC) world, I do have some questions before I hit the in-app Purchase Pro button.

1. Is it possible to separate music videos (concert filmings) from movies in the library and home page? I have quite a few concert films which I would like to have under its own icon and not mixed with movies. They are all in (multiple) separate folders on the NAS.

2. Is it possible to have a network folder available without it being scraped for metadata? I have one share which contains random stuff and I don’t want it to appear on the home page but just enter it upon request.

3. Is there a scraper for music, or is the app for videos only?

(4) Is there a way to scroll through the library faster, like one full page at a time? In MrMC, it’s possible to swipe to the side to activate the scroll bar and then scroll much faster by swiping up and down.) EDIT: found out that you need to swipe the left or right side of the touchpad.

1. As I use Ember Media Manager to scrape data and produce local metadata for everything I have on the NAS to share, is it enough to add the folders as favourites (to be added to the library) and then choose to use local metadata? The settings are a bit vague as there’s also the option for fetching metadata.

That’s it for now, I’d appreciate if anyone could come up with some answers :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!

1. Yes, there are a few ways of doing this. The most straightforward would be to add a folder favorite for the folder which contains these videos. This would give you a direct link on the home screen. You could then deselect this favorite in Settings > Library and Infuse would not include these videos in the library.

2. If you don’t want Infuse to fetch metadata for videos in a particular folder, you can long-press on the folder/favorite and select the ‘Use Local Metadata’ option. This will cause Infuse to generate metadata from the videos themselves, instead of trying to match them to a movie/show.

3. Infuse is designed for video files only right now.

4. Infuse supports Apple TV’s fast scrolling, so if you start scrolling quickly the speed will increase, which is helpful with longer lists.

5. In order to use Infuse’s library features, you will need to leave metadata fetching enabled. If you want to use your own metadata instead of the info Infuse fetches, you can also enable the Embedded Metadata option. This will cause Infuse to look inside your videos for metadata first, and then use the online sources to fill in any missing gaps.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: