Question re Shares/Sync

Hello,

Currently running the 7.3.9 version of Infuse Pro 7 on my 4 Apple TVs as well as the 7.3.8 version on my iMac (no 7.3.9 showing on the Mac App Store)

My Apple TVs are a mixture of the HD and 4K versions (all 64GB) and I have them all connected to my Synology NAS via a SMB share.

I have noticed over the last week or so a massive slowdown in the speed of sync. I think since 7.3.7, but I can’t be sure.

I currently have around 3.5K Movies and 17K TV episodes and until recently when Infuse updated to check for any new items it would take around 5 to 10 mins to sync. Currently it’s taking around 20 mins to sync and since the last update sometimes they don’t seem to sync at all when using the Mac app.

In frustration this morning, after it seemed like sync wasn’t working at all (just a spinning wheel for over 30 mins), I deleted my share and re-added it to Infuse. When that didn’t seem to work, I deleted infuse itself and re-downloaded it.

After re-adding my share/nas again I sort of gave up for an hour as the sync wasn’t pulling any data from the NAS (it seemed) when I then came back to look it was (and is currently) redownloading metadata, so I guess it must have found things in the end.

A question; Once a share is connected are adding favourites required? Does Infuse only search/check for files within the favourites? Or does it search the whole shared disc?

Was the way Infuse syncs changed in 7.3.7/8/9? If it was could we change back to the way it was done?

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonder if maybe you have a network issue or device issue. It shouldn’t take that long. Maybe something (router, NAS) updated? What do you get in a speed test?

I know that James said there was a change to the iCloud sync starting with 7.3.7 and all devices had to be on at least 7.3.7 to sync.

I know it’s not much help but I almost always see about a week after an Infuse update for iCloud sync to settle down among 6 devices. After than it’s back to the couple of minutes to do house cleaning and finish.