Problems with metadata source

It’s not worth the time. They delete stuff arbitrarily based on their blackbox interpretation of the rules they solely drafted. When they do, they will send a message like this with no mentioning of which line your contribution violated.

Hi there,

This is just a friendly note from the content moderators at TMDB. The entry you created titled “What Makes a Child Smart” was deleted. This title did not meet our new content guidelines.

If you have any questions about this deletion, feel free to reply to this message.

Hi there,

This is just a friendly note from the content moderators at TMDB. The entry you created titled “Plandemic: The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid-19” was deleted. This title did not meet our new content guidelines.

If you have any questions about this deletion, feel free to reply to this message.

And when you ask them

Which line does it violate?

They don’t respond.

To me, my contributions followed every rule they have up there.

That is in line with my experiences too.

//jakob

What is the source for these two videos? Neither seem to be in IMDB or TVDB either.

What is the point of utilizing an independent db as TMDB if only allows to be an “exact” copy of other sources? With the small culprit of not being so exact were it matters as they allow for differences in release years for official titles.

Is it then just a way to round the already existing db’s license policies? Should that be promoted? Should reduced quality and other issues be acceptable collaterals?

I believe Infuse are in position to hold a professional license for scraping the official database as IMDB or others. I can understand if some of the DIY solutions like Kodi cannot…

Even more strange that Infuse are so negligent in providing a proper solution for manual metadata to close the gap caused by this inferior solution.

1 Like

@jasell is spot on with this.

Even more strange that Infuse are so negligent in providing a proper solution for manual metadata to close the gap caused by this inferior solution.

TMDB can moderate their content as they wish. Firecore have no influence over that. But they could easily provide a mechanism for manual metadata (films and series) to ensure its user base can manage and view their content through Infuse. It was working for films in v6 but broke on the release of v7 stripping cast and crew info out. I know its on the upcoming releases list, but so who knows how long we wait …

1 Like

Myself, of course.

One is a German DW TV documentary, the other is an independent documentary film.

The DW Documentary one is recognised by both the tvdb and trakt.tv, and also exists in in a cached Google search for tmdb - but it seems they remoed all trace of it. Can’t understand why as it appears to be a legitimate broadcasting outlet from Germany?

TVDB: DW Documentaries - Starting Strong - What Makes a Child Smart? - TheTVDB.com

Trakt-tv: DW Documentaries 2021x77 "Starting Strong - What Makes a Child Smart?" - Trakt

TMDB: GOOGLE CACHE

Whilst I can appreciate that tmdb need to police their content to avoid info for every bit of media in existence being uploaded - it is frustrating on how they police it and the lack of clarity on why it failed to pass their rules. At the very least, if they could tell you why or what caused it to fail, the user can at least amend it and submit again.

Which brings us to having a secondary option to be able to use our own metadata for instances like this…

1 Like

Sadly though this is a case of deja-vu.

As providers drop tvdb as their primary metadata source due to mostly a monetary thing, let’s not forget that the tvdb were for years also mocked for their arrogance for several years.
Eg. Show existed for 10 years on tvdb then tvdb decided there was no such show ever made and it was actually a spin off or standalone show.

Now reportedly as you have mentioned the tmdb have adopted the same approach.

Never the Twain will meet.

Infuse, Trakt etc care only about tmdb.
Meanwhile things like Sonarr that grab our weekly episodes still see the tvdb as the law.

I never really understood previously why Plex wanted to create their own combined database.
Now I get it totally

1 Like

After reading their respective support forums for some time now I’d want NO part in developing yet another metadata database. There’s no right answers on just about every topic.

It makes the minor shortfalls tolerable for the current sources.

1 Like

Yeah for the most part with mainstream shows tvdb/tmdb tend to mostly work and match.

Speaking as a geriatric… any UK sitcom from the 70’s & 80’s (especially with specials/Season 0) or even any kind of documentary series from any decade it’s a shambles.

Thankfully Trakt that is the be all and end all for me (and what made me discover Infuse) mostly works.

The definition of a “geriatric” is finding out that you’re favorite TV shows are all now public domain or no longer socially acceptable (or both). Don’t ask how I know…

1 Like

The TMDB owners seem to agree with my sentiment.