Problems with Last.fm

Enabling last.fm screwed up something.  My gen 2 white atv goes through the entire startup, but I don't see menus once I get past the startup sequence.

Just go the same problem. Enabled last.fm and I don't see any menus. I hear the click of the control but see nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I got the same problem with my gen.! ATV…no menues…. whats up with that?

I have the same problem with AppleTV gen 1

After installing last.fm it crashes!

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem with AppleTV gen 1

After installing last.fm it crashes!

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto...and seems other updates are also creating the same problem...see various threads discussing the loss of video.

So, where's the response from FireCore???

Face same problem after installing last fm with my atv 1 generation what can i do to get back the menu ? :/

same for me, happend after trying to install last.fm

FYI, did a clean install of most recent ATV Flash...and same thing. No video. So, FireCore, what's the deal?

same problem after installing lastfm a moment ago

you can do a factory restore by holding down the '-' and 'menu' to restart the Apple TV in Recovery mode, where you can revert to factory settings.

Removes all synced files etc but for me wasn't an issue as was only just setting up 

SAME EXACT THING!!! I just installed LastFM and now there are no menus at all just a black screen.

WTF!!! How do I fix this without losing all of my movies?!?

Firecore?!?!

Hello dear Firecore did you perfom a test on module lastfm ?

it seems to me that the answer is no .

lots of peple are facing a quite nasty issue so i will use the reset option desribed by one of the mebers.:(

Hope to get answers on tis last fm module ?

Yes...restore to factory, restart, update your OS and reinstall ATVF...without last.fm or Sapphire and don't update Nito. Well, at least I didn't but I did install the smart installer to get usb access. Working fine now, but until we hear from FireCore, I ain't touching it again!

It looks like the 1.0.6 Last.fm update is causing problems for some users under certain conditions. For now we've reverted back to the 1.0.5 version.

If you're using a Mac you can use the app at the link below to remove the currently installed version of Last.fm.

Last.fm App Remover

Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT: When you run the app on your Mac it will connect to the AppleTV and remove the currently installed version of Last.fm.

How do you use this app? Download to atv via ftp? Or do a factory reset + update atv + load atv flash + load last.fm remover?

My atv does not respond to the remote. The orange light turns on as it sends the signal but it does not respond.

Sorry for the confusion. When you run the app on your Mac it will connect to the AppleTV and remove the currently installed version of Last.fm.

When I run this app I get an error saying incorrect password attempts, and it wants to quit out. No change to the ATV.

[quote="james"]

Sorry for the confusion. When you run the app on your Mac it will connect to the AppleTV and remove the currently installed version of Last.fm.

[/quote]

Doesn't work. Last.fm still there !!!

Just put a few adjustments into the removal app - please try downloading and running again.

If you're still having trouble you can connect manually via SSH in Terminal (guide located here) and enter the commands below to remove Last.fm.

sudo mount -uw /

(enter password of 'frontrow' (without quotes) when prompted.

sudo rm -R /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Plugins/LastFM.frappliance

sudo rm -R /Library/Application Support/maintenance/installed/LastFM

Restart the AppleTV, and you should be up and running. Again, we're very sorry for the trouble.

Still not working, C'mon man!!!

This is what I get in Terminal after running it.

Last login: Sat Jan  8 16:28:35 on ttys000

You have mail.

ssh frontrow@appletv.local

[Macintosh:~] adamyellin% ssh frontrow@appletv.local

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!

Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!

It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.

The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is

82:91:15:fc:10:e7:73:0a:49:26:aa:cd:d0:93:85:0c.

Please contact your system administrator.

Add correct host key in /Users/adamyellin/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.

Offending key in /Users/adamyellin/.ssh/known_hosts:16

RSA host key for appletv.local has changed and you have requested strict checking.

Host key verification failed.

[Macintosh:~] adamyellin% frontrow

frontrow: Command not found.

[Macintosh:~] adamyellin% sudo mount -uw /

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss

or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your

typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password:

Sorry, try again.

sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

[Macintosh:~] adamyellin% sudo mount -ur /

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss

or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your

typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password: