Problems with Dolby Vision P5

fter the ios 16 update, Infuse plays most files Dolby Vision 5 in sdr.
Before the update they were working perfectly.

Can you check to ensure you are running Infuse 7.4.5? This had a few improvements/fixes for DV.

Also, I would also check to ensure the Match Content options are still enabled. These can sometimes get switched off when installing tvOS updates.

Yes Infuse version is 7.4.5 (4251) and Match Content options are enabled in Apple TV

Would you be able to send in one of the files you are seeing issues with, so we can review it here?

I send a test file. This file, as many others, played in Dolby Vision before the upgrade from 15.6 to 16 in Apple TV…
It still perfectly plays in DV trough FileBrowserTV app.

This is a pretty strange non-standard DV file. I’m not sure if this is due to how it was clipped, or if the original is the same.

If you have a chance, can you also upload the full original file?

Sorry, that file was my mistake.
I have loaded a new full file.that played in Infuse in DV before the 16.00 ios update and now plays in HDR.

Hello Im Patricio and im user of Infuse pro. The last release stop working Dolby Vision profile 5. Any one with same problem ? Yesterday do fine. Its from Plex. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post to a thread discussing a similar issue, you may want to review it in case there are some hints that may help. Otherwise you can follow it here.

Note this thread is currently tagged as “researching” so it’s on Firecores radar and they are looking into it. :wink:

Thanks. Is the same problem. Some file DV work and others no.

Hi, I injected some of the movies I ripped from my uhd bluray with the dolby vision profile 5 layer I get from the same movie on streaming service to create a hybrid file. And it has been working just fine for a while, video looks good and is played in dolby vision. But today when I play them they are not played in DV anymore, it is actually not even hdr which it is supposed to fall back to if the TV doesnt support DV, but my TV does support DV so I dont understand what is happening here. In the cover page it still shows the DV logo. Other native DV files are still playing fine. I checked the app store and didn’t see any update for infuse, the apple tv has been using tvos 16 for a while and it was fine before (although it was using beta before and only updated to the official version recently), so this basically just happen out of the blue. Does anyone know what might cause this and how do I fix this?

Thanks for the reports!

We have a fix for this coming in the next update. :slight_smile:

Edit - If anyone would like to test early, drop me a PM.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome! Here’s how to access TestFlight

Thanks for the reply! I just dm you😄

Today’s 7.4.6 update has additional improvements for Dolby Vision (Profile 5) videos on all platforms (iOS, Apple TV, and Mac) to handle video files like these.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

DV Prof. 5 problems solved. Thanks James.

1 Like

I still have the same problem on my M1 Pro MacBook even after updating to 7.4.6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.