Problem with Wifi Mesh

Hello,
I’ve been using infuse a little while and I’m super happy with it.
Recently, we extended our apartment with the one downstairs and the wifi doesn’t go that far.
So we bought this wifi mesh: https://www.amazon.fr/Mercusys-Halo-H50G-1900Mbps-Système/dp/B09FPNFN8J/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2TS436BCA16T7&keywords=wifi+mesh+mercusys&qid=1665952184&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=wifi+mesh+mercusys%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-5

It works really well for everything in our house.
Only thing that doesn’t work anymore is infuse!

We use infuse on an Apple TV. The Apple TV reads some video files that are stored on my MacBook Air

Any idea what could cause the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cyril

So every jump on WiFi is going to diminish its strength. So if you go Mac to Mesh then Mesh to Apple TV it might be okay, but if it is doing Mac to Mesh1, Mesh1 to Mesh2, Mesh2 to Apple TV all over WiFi it won’t be as good. Can you explain your setup in more detail and if anything is connected via Ethernet? Also, what sort of bitrate do you need to stream? Full blu-ray rips or smaller streaming files?

Based on your router and the Apple TV you will max out at 866Mbps. That’s theoretical max. But generally you might see half of that. Then depending on your placement and walls you could see it drop more.

How are you connecting to the computer? Smb?

Mesh systems aren’t great for applications that require massive throughput. They’re meant for coverage, not performance. If you want coverage and performance it’s best to use a wired Ethernet backhaul to the wifi satellites.