since I updated to 2.1 about two week ago, I observed following problem using the MediaPlayer.
- After watching an episode of a series or even movies the "unwatched" status changes to "watched" and the blue little dot disappears. But 2 seconds later it reappears.
- If I don't watch something till the end a half blue dot should appear and it does, but when I want to continue watching it always starts at the beginning in spite of asking me, if I want to continue or start from the beginning.
- When I manually set the as "watched", then the dot disappears and it stays that way until I restart my atv2. Then it looks like I haven't used it since the update (all files that were marked as watched are without a dot, but all files I have watched since still have a blue dot, as if the last session hasn't been recorded and stored).
- Moreover the "recently watched" list on the "home screen" is not updated.
It seems to me as if the “DB”, where every status is stored, is not being updated.
Is there anyone with a similar problem? Do you know any solutions???
FYI: I’m still on the old interface 4.4.4.
Ok … for those who may have a similar problem: I found the solution
It is: Error 28 - no space left on device
Solution was already presented in this forum… here’s a copy of the post (use an SFTP programm to login with root:alpine@IPofATV)
Delete Cache files from here:
Topic closed :-)
I’m having the exact problem as above. I’m not 100% sure how to go about resolving it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Ok … here is a more detailed explanation:
- IP address of your AppleTV (something like 192.168.x.x, you can find that IP on your AppleTV in the Settings->General->Network view)
- FTP program that supports SFTP (e.g., Filezilla )
- Open a new FTP connection in the FTP program of your choice
- Choose "SFTP" connection
- The server to connect to is the IP address of the AppleTV
- The username needed for the connection is root
- The password is alpine
- Once you are connected you will be in the folder: /private/var/root
- Go up one level in the folder hirarchy
- Go to the following folders and delete all files within these folders (not the folders ... only the files within the folders)
- Restart the AppleTV
- That' it.
I’m not really sure what we did here and what caused this in the first place but this worked great!
Thanks very much for the quick repsonse.