Problem with subtitles

Hello,

I appear to be having a few issues with subtitles on a specific file, namely that they either disappear instead of highlighting, or they get stuck while the video continues playing. Anyway I’ve tried testing the file in question and the issues aren’t present on the computer or through MX Player on Android. I don’t currently have an IOS device I’m afraid. I’d really appreciate any suggestions or help.

Thanks

20200308_180306.jpg

We rolled out a number of improvements for complex subtitles in recent updates. Can you check to ensure you are using the latest 6.3.1 update (the version number can be found by scrolling to the bottom of Infuse > Settings).

If this is happening in the 6.3.1 version, we’d love to take a deeper look at this if you are able to send in a sample.

Thank you for your quick reply. I just double checked and I am definitely running the latest version of Infuse. I’ve uploaded two separate clips for you to look at if it’s no trouble, one showing each problem. Hopefully they’ll give you a better idea of what’s happening.

Thanks.

Any chance you’d be able to send in the actual video being played, so we can replicate and test the issue here?

Sure, I’ve uploaded it now. For reference the issue with disappearing subtitles starts around the 2:48 mark whilst the second issue occurs near the 12 minute mark. Thank you again for taking a look.

Thanks!

Sorry if I’m giving the impression that I’m being impatient, but I was just wondering if there’s any update on the issue I reported. Mainly because now I can’t even play the opening credits of the same file when subtitles are enabled as the buffering circle appears, gets stuck about a fifth of the way around and just flickers over and over. I made sure I’m on the latest version of Infuse and I have even tried the file on an iPad I now own but I haven’t had any luck I’m afraid.

These issue should be resolved in today’s 6.3.4 update.

Thanks for your patience.