Problem with filename

Hello there!

I’m having a problem here and would really appreciate some help. When I access a folder (for example, Westworld TV Show folder), all files show the name of the .mkv file. But if I scroll the “selection bar” until one episode it automatically change to his name.

For example, in the 1st picture the “selection bar” is in the episode 1, called “The Original” and you can see the episode name normally. All other episodes show the .mkv filename.

In this picture 2, I scrolled the “selection bar” from episode 1 to 2 and then to 3 and now I can see the name of these 3 episodes (The Original, Chestnut and The Stray) and all other episodes (which I didn’t scrolled the “selection bar”) show the .mkv name.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Hi

Same thing here with TV Shows, unless I enable “Fetch metadata”. If I do so, TV Shows will automatically have the correct title displayed.
Otherwise, file name is displayed for each episode until I move the mouse on the names one by one. Then all episodes have proper title.
If I exit the page and re-enter, file names appear again until I move the mouse on them again. Very inconvenient.

I assume you have not enabled “Fetch metadata” because you want to use local art and local metadata.
Unfortunately, this does not work for me.
Check that your files are not put in the “Other” section of the Library instead of “TV Shows”
For me, until I enable “Fetch metadata”, the TV shows are all in the “Other” section of the Library and the behavior you explain appears.

Apparently, fetching metadata is almost mandatory with TV Shows for a proper behavior.

See my other post on the issue with local metadata for TV Shows, hopefully there is a solution to this.

up

If you have Metadata Fetching disabled, Infuse will scan and generate metadata from the files themselves. This is a much slower process that matching titles from online sources, so it can take a bit of time to complete.

You can view Infuse’s scanning progress through the Infuse > Settings > Library menu.