problem with AFP sharing with new verison of ATV Flash

I have an original AppleTV and had enabled AFP sharing with a prior verision of ATV Flash. I installed the ATV 2.3 upgrade and v3.4 version of ATV Flash and now AFP Sharing doesn’t work. I tried following the setup instructions again and got this message in Terminal after enetering the 1st command in the instructions.

Protocol major versions differ: 1 vs. 2

Any ideas?

New 3.4 version only supports SSH2. The has been updated to reflect this change. Sorry for the trouble.

I have encountered the same issue. Is there a workaround?

The correct command to login via SSH is below. It differs slightly from the previous version.

ssh frontrow@appletv.local

stupid question…what do I do with this command? I assume it needs to be entered in Termincal but where/when?

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=NitoTV_Smart_Installer

Got it. But when I run the Smart Installer I get an error message that install failed. Is this related to the fact that I had previously set up AFP sharing before this new update?

Yeah I get this to :frowning: I just di an update to 2.3 and trashed my ability to do this with atvpatch :frowning:

Not real impressed with atvflash at the moment having just purchased it. No nito or sapphire …

What version of aTV Flash are you running? You can view the currently installed version through the Maintenance > About aTV Flash menu.

The 3.4.1 version fixes a bug with the Smart Installer that would prevent correct AFP access.

NitoTV Is included, it will appear as DVD in the Apple TV menu.

Sapphire is not currently available for the Apple TV 2.3 software, but will be re-added once a new version is released.

Ahh-I have 3.4.0. Will I need to run the Smart Installer after I update to 3.4.1 or will AFP be fixed by itself?

Yes, Smart Installer will need to be ran again. The Combo Update will still be present on the Apple TV, unless you manually deleted it.

Cheers.

Installed 3.4.1 but SmartInstaller still reports an error

nitoHelper XML parser error
old-style plist parser error

But–APF sharing now works

Sapphire is not currently available for the Apple TV 2.3 software, but will be re-added once a new version is released.[/quote]

Ok, so Nito is there. So should be able to mount shares on other machines like before. This is good!!!

I am trying this but getting an error -1069 = No servers at that address error.

Any ideas?

Sapphire is not currently available for the Apple TV 2.3 software, but will be re-added once a new version is released.[/quote]

Ok, so Nito is there. So should be able to mount shares on other machines like before. This is good!!!

I am trying this but getting an error -1069 = No servers at that address error.

Any ideas?[/quote]
Yes, but you will need to run the smart installer first. We have a guide setup for this at:
http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=NitoTV_Smart_Installer

yeah, I had already done this but still no luck :cry:

Do I need to run the patch again?

Thanks

I have the same problem: error -1069 = No servers at that address error, i connect succesfuly through the finder but cant connect via nito TV.
please help

agree…this seems flaky right now. I also got an error -1069.

the folder is empty or has no files with supported suffixes, this dialog appears when i ty to connect via afp on nitotv. i have installed the last version of aTVflash (3.4.2).
Any help? thanxs

OK, so I see there is a 3.4.2 version out now. Well I installed this, ran the smart updater as per the instructions and got a successfully installed message. Great Success!!!

Well, not really …

While ideally I would like to mount via afp like I could with a certain other patch, I understand that more than likely I would have to use smb, oh well, better than nothing I guess.

No such luck.

Tried everything (including authentication) and all I can get is the following:

Network Mount Failed
mount_smbfs:negotiate phase failed:
syserr = Connection refused

Any ideas???

I had very high hopes, but I am seriously beginning to think I have wasted my money with this thing…

OK, so I see there is a 3.4.2 version out now. Well I installed this, ran the smart updater as per the instructions and got a successfully installed message. Great Success!!!

Well, not really …

While ideally I would like to mount via afp like I could with a certain other patch, I understand that more than likely I would have to use smb, oh well, better than nothing I guess.

No such luck.

Tried everything (including authentication) and all I can get is the following:

Network Mount Failed
mount_smbfs:negotiate phase failed:
syserr = Connection refused

Any ideas???

I had very high hopes, but I am seriously beginning to think I have wasted my money with this thing…[/quote]

If you’re attempting to connect to a Mac via SMB, this option must be enabled first in System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing. Select which folders you want to share, and select a login/password combo for them.

Once that is done, you will need to setup a manual share point on the Apple TV. Go through these steps, and make sure to specify the SMB protocol.

There is more info on each of the variables at the bottom of this guide: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=NitoTV_Smart_Installer