Problem with a movie (sharing mediainfo)

Hi guys!

After a long time using Infuse I’ve found a movie that doesn’t work. When I try to play it, it plays for one second and the the loading icon appears, then plays for another second and again the loading icon. Don’t know if there’s something in the mediainfo that could help to get the problem or if it’s a corrupt file.

Complete name : Los Idus de Marzo (2011) [BluRay 1080p x264 Dual Subs][GrupoHDS].mkv Format : Matroska Format version : Version 2 File size : 13.4 GiB Duration : 1h 41mn Overall bit rate : 19.0 Mbps Encoded date : UTC 2012-07-17 21:23:41 Writing application : mkvmerge v5.0.1 ('Es ist Sommer') built on Oct 13 2011 12:47:36 Writing library : libebml v1.2.2 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 41mn
Bit rate : 16.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.434
Stream size : 11.0 GiB (82%)
Writing library : x264 core 116 r2057 0ba8a9c
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=16 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=7 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=0 / bitrate=16000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.65 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=40 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.25 / pb_ratio=1.25 / aq=1:0.65
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 41mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 21s 978ms
Stream size : 1.07 GiB (8%)
Title : DTS 5.1 @1,5 Mbps Castellano
Language : Spanish
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 41mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.07 GiB (8%)
Title : DTS 5.1 @1,5 Mbps Ingles
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Text #1
ID : 4
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Subs. Forzados Castellano
Language : Spanish
Default : Yes
Forced : Yes

Text #2
ID : 5
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Subs. Castellano
Language : Spanish
Default : No
Forced : No

Text #3
ID : 6
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Subs Ingles
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:00:00:00.000
00:06:55.665 : en:00:06:55.665
00:15:51.617 : en:00:15:51.617
00:20:50.249 : en:00:20:50.249
00:29:01.615 : en:00:29:01.615
00:38:01.321 : en:00:38:01.321
00:43:49.377 : en:00:43:49.377
00:49:07.194 : en:00:49:07.194
00:55:31.203 : en:00:55:31.203
01:04:49.886 : en:01:04:49.886
01:07:44.352 : en:01:07:44.352
01:11:45.676 : en:01:11:45.676
01:18:00.968 : en:01:18:00.968
01:23:37.846 : en:01:23:37.846
01:28:43.276 : en:01:28:43.276
01:31:24.979 : en:01:31:24.979

If you have a chance to upload a sample, that would be very helpful in tracking down what’s going on in this case.

I finally found the problem. There was a problem with the audio encoding. Changing to english the movies plays correctly, the problem only happens with the spanish dts audio.

Hmm, interesting.

We’d love to look at a sample of the problematic file if you have a chance to send it in.

The movie size is 21gb… I tried to cropt it but when I cropt It changes the encode. If you say to me how to crop a mkv on OSX without changing the encode, I will send you without any problem.

Sure.

You can use MKVtools to snip out a small portion without changing the video.
http://www.emmgunn.com/mkvtools-home/

The attached screenshot shows the settings to extract the first 5 minutes.

Sended, but don’t know if it was succesfully, the redirection after the upload doesn’t work xD

Got it thanks. We’ll take a look.

This is probably the issue: Delay relative to video : 21s 978ms
It should be possible to fast forward about 22 seconds and then the movie should pickup fine.