Problem when getting metadata via ethernet

Greeting all at Firecore,I am having a problem with my avt2 getting the metadata for new films if it is connected to my router via ethernet.I will put the new film or tv show in the required folder as usual and then go to the tv and scroll to the relevant list as i would have done before when it was connected via wifi.Now when it was via wifi it would bring in a background on the left of the screen and have info re the episode or film as required,but when it is connected via ethernet it just shows a screen grab on the left and says no details available,but if i disconnect the ethernet and go back a menu and go back in again it brings the info straight in.

Sorry for the long explanation but I’m trying to give the best description i can.

Regards in advance

Paul

Is this happening for all files, or just a specific type (e.g. Movies or TV Shows)?

You may check to ensure the folder’s content type is set correctly as described here.

Its happening to all files film and tv

Is metadata fetching enabled or disabled in the Media --> Settings menu?

I have just tried to go int manage extras and it says that the apple tv is not connected to the internet and to goto general,settings and select network.

yes metadata is enabled and works when connected via wifi just not when ethernet plugged in.When i went to go into manage settings in the menu and it told me i had no internet connection i went into settings-general-network and saw that i had an ip address and a subnet mask but no router address or dns address.

I wont pretend to know what they are but after putting the avt to sleep and restarting it the are all there very confusing indeed.For future reference if i make a note of the missing numbers can i input them manually if it happens again ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

yes metadata is enabled and works when connected via wifi just not when ethernet plugged in.When i went to go into manage settings in the menu and it told me i had no internet connection i went into settings-general-network and saw that i had an ip address and a subnet mask but no router address or dns address.

I wont pretend to know what they are but after putting the avt to sleep and restarting it the are all there very confusing indeed.For future reference if i make a note of the missing numbers can i input them manually if it happens again ?

Thanks in advance

Paul