Problem TV Shows for Metadata

Hi,

Dunno if there’s a specific thread for this :

Infuse 7+ TV Shows doesn´t detect the following TV Shows, even if i try to manually, those show’s never come up in listing, but they can be found on TMDB site :

CSI Cyber : CSI: Cyber (TV Series 2015-2016) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Scorpion : Scorpion (TV Series 2014-2018) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Blindspot : Blindspot (TV Series 2015-2020) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Human Target : Human Target (TV Series 2010-2011) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Breaking the Magician’s Code: Magic’s Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed :
Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed (TV Series 2008-2009) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles : Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TV Series 2008-2009) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Mortal Kombat: Conquest : Mortal Kombat: Conquest (TV Series 1998-1999) — The Movie Database (TMDB))
The Lost Room : The Lost Room (TV Series 2006-2006) — The Movie Database (TMDB)
BBS: The Documentary : bbs: the documentary — The Movie Database (TMDB)
Heroes : Heroes (TV Series 2006-2010) — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Any “special” procedure for this kind of situation ?

thanks

Can you provide a few examples of how you have these files named?

I’m seeing several of the ones your listed showing up fine with 7.1.2.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Here’s 2 examples :

aaf-the.lost.room.part.1
aaf-the.lost.room.part.2
aaf-the.lost.room.part.3

biq-apocalypse.the.rise.of.hitler.part1.dvdrip.xvid
biq-apocalypse.the.rise.of.hitler.part2.dvdrip.xvid

But, even if i don´t have the “correct” file names, when i do a Manual Search in Infuse (via Metadata Edit), shouldn´t show like it happens when using the search in TMDB website ?

thanks

For this one try
The Lost Room S01E01.mkv
The Lost Room S01E02.mkv
The Lost Room S01E03.mkv

I did a test using the Siri for “The Rise Of Hitler” and it found the correct series for me also.

It could be the prefixes you have like “aaf” and “biq”

Instead of “Part 1, part 2, etc” try S01E01, S01E02, etc"

Yep, you’ll want to include the season and episode numbers in the filenames, as this is how Infuse determines if something is a TV show. You can also organize things into series/season folders and leave off the season info in the filename, if you prefer.

There is a list of recommended TV show naming options in this guide, which may be helpful.

Hi,

Thanks both for replying.

But i’m still not sure about the “Manual Search” for Metadata in Infuse.

For example, if i want to FORCE some TV Show to use a determined Metadata, i can´t do that ?

If i try to Search in Infuse for “Rise of Hitler”, i get this :

If i do the same search in TMDB site i get this :

Why does Infuse only show Movies ? if in TMDB the same keyword show Movies AND TV Shows ?

thanks

I’m guessing that’s the way the API is set up, if it sees the “S01E01” it searches the TV show database, if it sees no season episode reference it looks at movies…

As soon as you add the season and episode it searches TV shows and finds them as mentioned above.

Hi,

Thats a “weird” way of API usage… a Search shouldn´t be limited this kind of way.

Like, if you do a generic Search in Infuse, it will show Movies AND TV Shows…

But ok, if its API side, there’s nothing to do.

thanks for help.

If you notice, TMDB also segregates their results into either TV shows or movies.
TMDB TV Show Results

Infuse Results with TV Show Season and Episode

TMDB Movie Results

Infuse Results without Season and Episode

So they are the same dependent upon whether you search with a TV show season and episode or without which tells TMDB to return movie results.

Is this the right thread for further tv shows missing on TMDb? I have problems finding:

Is this a “these are movies, not tv shows” related thing?

Welcome to the forum!

We might move this to it’s own thread if it gets confusing but for now it’s good.

It looks like you’ve started adding the T&J from TVDB onto TMDB and the Disney appears to be listed on TMDB as individual movies or animations instead of a “TV Show” so it does look like it is a “movies vs TV show” thing.

It looks like IMDB has many (just checked a few so it could be all) of the Disney shorts as movies so I’d guess that TMDB would follow this logic.

You may want to review the “Bible” at TMDB to make sure that adding the T&J as a TV series when they already have some (again, I only checked a few but it could be all) of these already listed as movies may be in violation of their contribution rules.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick answer. :slight_smile: I’ll stop adding T&J as a tv show. Looks like, everything is already there - as individual movies. Maybe i’ll come back at this later.

1 Like

Is it possible to group Movies in Infuse, if tmdb does not allow them to be in a “collection”?

Because with Tom & Jerry alone there would be > 150 new separate movies in my movies list. That’s just not acceptable.