Problem installing 2.2

Durn, I’m second…

Sorry, don’t have answer, but wanted to state that I can’t post elsewhere either.

Rather than clutter this up further I’ll wait to post my inquiry (Can’t figure out how to stream DVD files from computer to ATV) until posts become fully implemented.

Thank you and God for starting this forum, I’m gonna need it… :lol:

Posting issue has been fixed. Sorry for that.

We’re aware of this issue. It relates to an issue with the Media Cloud plugin, and a conflicting device on the network. We’re releasing a software update next week that will solve this issue.

I have the same issue, as well. Looking forward to the update so I can try this again.

We’re aware of this issue. It relates to an issue with the Media Cloud plugin, and a conflicting device on the network. We’re releasing a software update next week that will solve this issue.

So how do I get an upgrade now that I have a memory stick with software which doesn’t work? Can I download from your homepage?

Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter, and when updates are available you will be notified, and given instructions on how to obtain the new software.

Thanks

My problem is that I’ve created the aTV flash drive with no apparent errors but when I inert it into the Apple TV usb port and turn on the unit, the Apple TV boots normally, not recognizing the usb drive. I’ve tried several times to make a new flash drive and have also reset the the Apple TV to factory settings followed by updating to the latest version of the software. Applecore has kindly responded to my requests for help on a number of occasions and offered some ideas, none of which have helped, so I’m throwing it out to this forum hoping for some other suggestions. Thanks.

What brand of flash drive are you using? Some drives are not compatible. Memorex and Kingston work pretty well. Below is a link to a low cost option if you need it.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0282237

I’ve tried 2 different ones. The first one was a Sandisk 1 GB which actually installed the Couch Surfer app onto the Apple TV but none of the others. I then tried a Kingston 1GB which the Apple TV doesn’t seem to recognize at all.

I finally got it to install on the Apple TV. I went back to the beginning and reformatted the Sandisk usb drive in MAC OS Standard format rather than Extended format that I was using previously. It seems to have worked. I hope this helps anyone who is having similar issues.
Tom