I've scoured these boards and tried every available solution, but haven't been able to fix this problem:
- I'm trying to use a new, Seagate 2TB USB as my primary storage, and when I step through the processes posted on these boards to make that work, it seems to work — until I open iTunes and my Apple TV profile shows 32.84 GB.
I have done the following things to troubleshoot. None have been effective:
- I bought a new hard drive (original drive was 3TB, but seeing that size was not endorsed, I replaced it to see if that was the problem. It was not).
- I have factory-restored the Apple TV, run all the updates, and reinstalled Apple TV Flash. I'm still experiencing the same results.
- I have re-run the Smart Installer.
- I have followed the letters to a 'T', being certain to Sync my Apple TV before redirecting to the External Storage, even though there's nothing on my Apple TV to back up. It's still ineffective.
- After switching to External Mode, I synced a test file (a podcast) to see if it was copied to the External drive or the Internal drive. It seems to have been copied to the Internal Drive — despite the fact that the Maintenance->Settings say I'm operating under External Storage.
- Using the NitoTV->Files menu, I can see that my External Drive is detected by the device, so the USB port is working.
Initially, I thought the fact that I was trying to add a 3TB drive to my Apple TV freaked out the device and just had it registering the External Drive as 32GB, but that's clearly not the case. Also, one last curiosity:
- Before reformatting the 3TB drive, when it asked me if that was the drive I wanted to select, it said it was a 2.9GB drive. Obviously I thought that was strange. Now, when before reformatting the 2TB drive, it doesn't even ask for confirmation in advance, so it doesn't even tell me how large it *thinks* the drive is.
Thoughts are appreciated... I've had a very hard time making Apple TV Flash do what it's supposed to do, and I'm getting very frustrated.