Plex's metadata is a mess, at the end of my rope

Infuse Pro 6, ATV 4K

For a month or so now, I have been dealing with missing metadata for most of my films. In addition, there are numerous duplicate entries for movies. I’m pulling from my Plex library, which is exhibiting the same issues. Screenshots below.


What’s weird about this one is the Unwatched section has no metadata (and some of it is even wrong: Notice the title for Iron Man 2 says Ant-Man), but the section below it is fine:

Here’s the All movies page. Some movies are ok, others aren’t.

I’ve tried clearing my cache and deleting and reinstalling multiple times, but to no avail.

Are you streaming from multiple devices, or just Plex?

If just Plex, is it a single library or is it multiple libraries? If you have the same title listed in multiple libraries they can appear as duplicates in Infuse.

With regard to artwork, do these items have artwork in Plex? One thing that can help is to either use the ‘Refresh Metadata’ or the ‘Match’ options in Plex to ensure Plex has the correct info for these items. Once this is done, you can try using the Refresh option in Infuse to pull down the updated info (or use the Clear All Metadata option in Settings to pull down everything).

Keep in mind, when using Plex (or Emby or Jellyfin) Infuse will use only the metadata/artwork provided by Plex, and will not attempt to fetch its own from TMDb/TheTVDB.

Just using one library.

Yeah, this needs to be fixed in Plex first, I’m aware. They’ve acknowledged the issue and offered alternative metadata agents to use, but they don’t work either. Something deeper must be at play, but I’m at a loss as to what it is, and based on the small number of posts in their forums (and these forums), it would seem that it is no longer widespread issue.

If you’re not in the mood to fight with Plex right now, you might consider adding a direct connection to your server (via SMB, NFS, FTP/SFTP, WebDAV) in Infuse. This would allow Infuse to fetch its own metadata, which should avoid these issues.

Had the same problems as you. I tried Jellyfin when infuse supported it and I’m quite happy with it :slight_smile:
You can also try Emby.

Jellyfin is terrible at identifying things , try to identify music and server asks you for Discogs ID.