Plex users support

Any idea when this option will be available?

Why it’s taking 5 years to implement such small quality of life feature…

Plex multi user support was suggested like 5 years ago with over 100 supports and that is really needed feature to not mix views…
I don’t understand why there is no implementation…

1 Like

Small quality of life that is a huge coding investment. It’s not as simple as just switching over users when you have to switch everything else. Upcoming Plex direct mode should enable this a lot easier though (7.7).

1 Like

Adding this feature would be huge!

What would be even better (at least for me) is to have multiple user support for Infuse independently. Honestly, at the moment it is the only reason I still have Plex so my kids watch their stuff on the Plex app and we watch on Infuse. If i could have multiple users, each with their own library using the same source material (NAS), having their own “Watching, Up next”, Plex could go.

1 Like

This thread was started 5 years ago. My kids are now old enough to watch rated R films so I guess Infuse wins.

2 Likes

I came here with the same problem. I see that the topic was created in April 2018, and now it’s January 2024. Are there any updates on this?

This would be a super useful feature. I’m guessing the devs explored this but then were at crossroads whether to implement x-users at an Infuse level or support the Plex feature…may explain why this has not been prioritised. Would love to see it happen though.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Will Infuse implement the ability to change Plex user profiles?

This is literally the only feature needed for me to purchase the lifetime subscription for Infuse.

2 Likes

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Will there be any movement on this feature? I note the initial post was from 2018 and there hasn’t been much by way of updates.

Ouch. Deal breaker.
Cannot move to infuse if the family cannot use plex properly

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s severely limiting my use of Infuse and is stopping me from purchasing the subscription.

Surely multiple profile support would not be a difficult implementation…

Now that direct mode is enabled, they will continue to add features to it. But I don’t expect this to come before version 8