Plex Plugins

When i run Plex on my macbook, i get Hulu, Netflix, etc and every plugin which I have downloaded, and all play fine.

When I run the Plex client on my apple tv2g with aTV Flash Black Beta, I get only a fraction of the plugins that show up. Notably Hulu and Netflix are missing.

Are these intentionally left out, just not currently working so are left out? Is it planned for these to be working in the future?

Im in Canada and use VPN to watch Netflx ,Hulu, and other region restricted sites. With the appleTV I cannot use VPN. Running a plex server on my macbook, which is connecting via VPN, and then using the plex client on the appleTV would allow me to watch netflix and hulu on my bigscreen without having to hook my laptop up to it.

Jar

If the plugins use Flash, they won't work within the Plex plugin on the ATV I believe.  Besides the Plex plugin is still officially a Proof-of-Concept so it has a lot of bugs.

You might be better off searching/asking in the Plex forums. 

If you haven't already go to Preferences->Advanced and Click on Disable Capability Checking. That should make just about all (if not ALL) of your plugins show up.

Flash based plugins works you just have to make sure that you are NOT using the most recent version of flash, I think 10.0 is the version you should use. a quick google search will show show you how to downgrade if you need to

[quote="quedini"]

If you haven't already go to Preferences->Advanced and Click on Disable Capability Checking. That should make just about all (if not ALL) of your plugins show up.

[/quote]

That worked !

I can now successfully watch hulu and netflix on my apple tv in Canada. Still bugs in it, but for the most part its successful :)

Now if someone makes a VPN plugin I can skip the plex server on my laptop as an intermediary.

Trying this exact setup (VPN on server) myself and I cannot get Hulu (or any other flash based video site) to show up on the ATV2G.  The plugins work perfect on the server but no through the ATV.  How did you get your to work?

If your flash based programs dont work then you most likely have to downgrade your flash to a version 10. Does it work on your plex server on a mac but not on your appletv? Once i got them working in plex on my mac (after downgrading flash) , they worked fine on my appletv after turning off checking of compatibility.

As mentioned earlier in the thread by others:

""Flash based plugins works you just have to make sure that you are NOT using the most recent version of flash, I think 10.0 is the version you should use. a quick google search will show show you how to downgrade if you need to""

Does 

I had Plex client running on ATV 2G, then I went to my iMac running the PMS and checked the version compatibility and now the iMac doesn't show under the Plex client. Is there anyway to get it back?

Okay, cool, but when I go to the preferences option in plex on the appletv, i get nothing - there's no options at all.  It just says "plex" in the top right corner, and nothing but black underneath.  I'm looking in plex -> servers -> plex online -> preference -> ?

Is there some other place I should be making this change, or is something wrong with the install?  I get some plugins showing up, but not all, and I can't get any online video to play on the apple tv.  Movies from my computer, yes, but not hulu or anything else.  These things play fine on the plex on my mac.