Plex on ATV2 Black

Ok so I have it all jailbroken with Seas0npass and running great but with one major problem. Plex server loads up fine and I have full menus down to the song, movie, app, but when I go to load the content to just doesn't load. It does nothing, I can continue to scroll up and down through the content but it will not load it, just makes the beep sound when I click on it and does nothing. I have tried reinstalling, rejailbreaking, I am about to try Plex 8 and see if that works. 

Any ideas?

i had that same issue on 4.0 with the first ATV flash black beta that was released. It wasn't until I jailbroke on 4.2.1 and installed PLEX via ssh manually. That was the only way I could get any movie to actually play.

I have found a way to install plex though the Apple TV root via Terminal but that gives me the same problem. How is it done via ssh? Also when I try and load content on my network drive it gives me a "An error occurred loading this content". 

can plex play iso, img and video_ts on the apple tv from my macbook?? if so how is it done??

I'm running plex on mine, Seeems to work fine except you can't rewind to fast forward.

Also note don't pause for long because the buffering stops and you have to start again, Theres also no resume from function yet.

Just an FYI :)

[quote=danielo.4387]

can plex play iso, img and video_ts on the apple tv from my macbook?? if so how is it done??

[quote="nickm.6643"]

I'm running plex on mine, Seeems to work fine except you can't rewind to fast forward.

Also note don't pause for long because the buffering stops and you have to start again, Theres also no resume from function yet.

Just an FYI :)

[/quote] with the file types I listed??

Version 6.4 has bettersupport for applications

When I go to PLEX ONLINE and go to VIDEO PLUG INS: on ATV2, I just get the word PLEX and the subscribed apps do not appear....any suggestions?  Oh yes, I can't FF or RWD either.  Lastly, may avi I have stop mid-show with an error message....errr !

Bluntman, I have had the same issue with no resolve.  Have you solved the problem?  or has anyone else found a solution to Bluntman's problem??

Thanks!!

I have exactly the same problem as the original post from Bluntman. Menus to the file level, even correct thumbnails and cover art for albums but nothing plays. I just get the plex logo. No spinning gear, progress bar. most of all - no content!

im having issues as well, movie posters show up fine, but I get the "error occurred loading content.  Same thing w/ the video plugins, such as apple movie trailers, etc..

Having the same problem - can see all videos but none of them play, regardless of format. Have tried installing and renstalling Plex.

Same issue here !

First time i used pwnage tools and plex was working just fine... but Media Player rebboted every time i tried to play something.

Second time : I used Seas0npass and now Media Player does work... but plex doesn't pplay anymore !

Any help ?

Regards,

Elie

Can we play .VOB  files on plex? soem how when i update my library index, it doesnt catch .VOB files. any suggestion?

Same problem - any solution?

Seems like LOADS of us can’t get the movies/videos to play. Exactly same problem here! :frowning:

I had the same issues with either not playing or it would error out once the video started playing. What I found was that if I lowered the resolution in plex and the sound option for AC3 and DTS are set at disabled the file will play just fine. I set the resolution to the highest 720p setting or the lowest 1080p setting it will play the file with no real problems.

Same issue happening here. All thumbnails and data are there, but it wont load the video. It was working for a few months after the Jailbreak, but all of a sudden, it’s stopped working. Tried changing the video resoluton, but same result. Tried updating Plex, both on ATV and on my PC, but no go. It just continually tried to load with no error message. Can anyone help?

i have tried a few times to update plex (0.7.1, 0.8.1 and 0.8.3) and the plex menu always disappears. i have given up and just downgraded it back to 0.6.4 - it works well and i never have any issues, so i will just leave the updating again for a while.

if you need any help downgrading to 6.4 i have saved a text file with the necessary commands. its a bit of a collage (mostly from Bobben - plex guru) so i hope it helps…main thing is the 6.4 downgrade bold and underlined… if you already have the plex client installed, you should only need the last 2 lines of the following, so just paste them into terminal:

Install instructions:
echo “deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list
apt-get update
apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin

Downgrade instructions:
If you have any problems with this version, you can easily downgrade using

apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.7.1

Downgrading the Plugin
If you ever experience a problem with an updated version, you can always go back. For the sake of this example we assume that you want to go back to version 0.6.4. Her is how that would work:
    1.    Start your ATV and log in to your ATV using ssh
    ◦    ssh root@apple-tv.local.
    2.    In that ssh session enter
    ◦    apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.6.4
On ATV 4.0 you may need to run for the changes to take effect.
killall AppleTV

apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin
apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.6.4