Plex Collections for TV Shows and other videos

As currently Plex Collections are only for movies I would like to see the full functionality of Plex Collections applied to Infuse in a similar way as it now works int the Plex AppleTV App. (This may also apply to iOS as well).

In Plex Collections are associated with libraries. (TV Shows, Movies, Other Videos etc.)

1. Add Shows to a new or existing Collection in Plex. (see Attachment Plex1)
  2. Confirm your shows are in the Collection. (see Attachment Plex2)
  3. Screenshots of Collection on Plex App on AppleTV. (see Attachments PlexATV1 & PlexATV2)

Application of Collections

1. Groups of TV Shows you are watching occasionally. (may not show up in up next lists)
  2. Groups of your Favorites.
  3. Group of Kids shows.
  4. I have a lot of Sports videos. I would like to separate them into Collections like BlackHawks, Cubs, Steelers etc.
  5. I have many Family videos. I could create Collections like By year or event etc. All family xmas videos ect.

As you can see there are lots of possibilities. Please add comments to this thread with your thoughts.

36 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I’m currently switching between Infuse and the official Plex App waiting the full implementation of collections.

1 Like

Same, we need collections to be implemented for ‘other’ as it is in Plex itself, doesn’t make sense to only implement for movies…

Yeah, I also sent a suggestion here about 8 months ago, and it hasn’t even been acknowledged by anyone on the Infuse staff.

That’s the single stuff that’s making me not use Infuse AT ALL for animes and Other Videos, in which I require Collections for proper sorting.

1 Like

Yes please! I have all my TV shows in collections by networks and I would love to have a favorite row of them displayed in infuse. Please add Plex TV show collection support.

Don’t forget to like the first post in the thread to show your support for this suggestion. :wink:

2 Likes

With the introduction of smart collections in Plex have ditched those playlists for video all together, only to realise that I still need the playlists for infuse. Support for universal collections is a no brainer

1 Like

Such a simple thing, but not a whisper after almost 2 years…

Just to add a note here, smart collections from Plex seem not to be supported on Infuse, only static collections are pulled through.

Agreed. That’s the one thing holding me back from switching to infuse is full collection support. Especially now that plex has the smart collections AND the ability for these collections to be visible on the home screen.

Is there any employee of Firecore/Infuse reading this who can indicate if plex collections will ever be supported? I don’t under why Infuse can’t easily pull through collections for ‘other’ videos the way it does for movies…

Sorry in advance if this has been mentioned before somewhere. I have my Plex hooked up to infuse and I use a significant amount of collections. All of my different movie collections show up perfectly but none of the collections for my Tv shows do the same. I have a few collections set up for tv shows so right when I go to tv shows they’re sorted into categories. Cartoons, anime, live-action, etc. The regular Plex app shows these categories just fine but infuse just gives me a giant list of everything. I thought this was weird since the movie collections work great.

Same for me! Why are collections available for movies but not for TV shows?

The addition of Plex Collections on Infuse 6.1 was an awesome feature that people were requesting for quite some time. But why is it only to Movies? It’s useful in lots of other situations, and since it’s already implemented in movies, I can’t see a reason not to implement it on the other two categories.

Especially Animes. Most of them, when new seasons come out, are considered entirely new shows, so they have different names. So instead of having several seasons spread here and there, I like using collections to put them is a single folder, like this. But as Infuse doesn’t recognize collections for TV Shows (anime stills falls in that category), so what I get is this. Anime also usually put movies and OVAs as part of the series continuity and it’s nice having them in a collection, not all over the place again.

As for Other Videos, since they don’t usually come with metadata, Collections are basically the only way to organize them. So instead of having them organized, Infuse just shows them all over the place.

TL;DR: Would it be possible to add collections to all Plex Library Types (TV Shows and Other Videos) instead of just for Movie Librarys?

1 Like

Plex collections don’t currently appear to be supported for Plex libraries which are set up as personal/other media type. Is there any reason why collections are supported for Movie libraries but not for personal/other libraries?

Additionally, Plex library playlists are shown as a folder within the file directory for Plex but collections aren’t, is this possible? In that case could collection cover images be displayed in the same way that cover images (eg folder.jpg) are displayed for SMB share folders?

1 Like

This would be a massive improvement, I can’t think why collections wouldn’t have been supported for these types already… Surely if a user has chosen to organise into collections it means they would like those collections to be used wherever possible?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t understand as well, and after 8 months it hasn’t even been acknowledged by anyone on the Infuse staff. That’s the single stuff that’s making me not use Infuse AT ALL for animes and Other Videos.

Yeah, I sent a suggestion here about 8 months ago, and it hasn’t even been acknowledged by anyone on the Infuse staff.

That’s the single stuff that’s making me not use Infuse AT ALL for animes and Other Videos, in which I require Collections for proper sorting.

I have an inquiry regarding the collection function.
The movie collection works fine,
Doesn’t the TV show’s collection function work??

Any chance the feature of adding our TV Collections from PLEX will be available?

Thanks. So happy that Movie Collections got added.