Plex collections dont work?

Ok I’m good now. It seems like I had to refresh all the metadata on the plex media server.

1 Like

Thanks for following up.

Can I ask which version of PMS you are using?

Tried everything, rescan, refresh, recreate, clear metadata etc., but still empty collections in Infuse.

Working with PMS 1.21.1.3876

Same for me as for vries.home. Tried everything and nothing but empty collections in both the AppleTV and iOS apps. Plex Media Server 1.21.1.3876.

Refreshing metadata on a collection ends with “An error occurred” on both devices.

Manually created collections seem to be working fine.

We have a few more fixes for this coming in the next update.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Note - this changes mentioned above are available in the alpha 5 version for macOS, if anyone wants give it a try.

On Apple TV Infuse respects most collections but there’s a bunch it doesn’t. They show correctly as Collections in the Collections section but in the All Movies section the films in certain collections are ungrouped. Refreshing metadata, clearing metadata, removing server and re-adding it, and so on doesn’t fix it.

Collections work perfectly for me on the new Alpha 5, so you’ve fixed it there. On my iPhone, iPad and both Apple TVs, it still shows empty collections.

1 Like

Hi there!

Using Infuse on tvOS, I can also state that collections work for me (again).

However, I’d like to point out that there’s still sth. wrong with the sort order for collections on tvOS.

It has been fixed before:

https://community.firecore.com/t/plex-collection-sort-order-support/19541

As of now, this problem only seem to occur for Infuse on tvOS. Using the sort title in PLEX doesn’t work properly. @james: You mentioned, that there are a couple of more fixes coming regarding collections. Please have a look at this issue, too. Thanks :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Just wanted to say “thanks”. It had been fixed on my ios version!

This should be fully resolved in 6.6 which is now available on the App Store.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, James. New version just became available. Just tested and pleased to see collections working again. Great work !!!

It may take a few hours to appear on all the Apple servers so keep looking. :smiley:

1 Like

I just updated to 6.6 and I still don’t see collections. I will add though that I’m not up to date on my PMS because Plex also broke their own collections so I downgraded my server. Don’t know if that matters too much…

I’m seeing it working great now for my setup both on my iPhone 12 Pro and on my Apple TV 4K with version 6.6. Thanks Infuse Team! Great work!

1 Like

That’s sort of tricky. If you can, I’d recommend upgrading to a newer version of PMS.

It’s just going to be hard to track down quirks/bugs in older PMS versions if things are working in the current release.

I went ahead and updated to PMS ver. 1.21.3.4046 and I still don’t have collections in Infuse. Just like I said though the updated PMS collections are broke if they are set to custom order. That’s a different problem for a different group, though!

Are the collections visible in Plex?

What type of collections are these (movies, TV shows, other…)?

Were they manually or automatically created?

Yes, they are visible.

They are movies only.

I made them manually, I didn’t know there was an automatic way of doing it…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.