Plex collections dont work?

Sorry to report that it’s broken again. Previously the view “Films - Collections” would show the collections, but collections itself were empty. And this could be fixed by activating new Plex libraries only and deleting cache. Now the view “Films - Collections” is empty too. Tried everything to fix it, but no luck sofar.

This started after I decided to remove all Plex libraries based on legacy agents, so only libraries based on the new Plex Movie agent would remain.

Plex shows collections just fine and collection tags are intact too.

Me too. Plex Collections have been working for a while. I added a 4K Movie Library to Plex and now the collections in both my Movies and 4K Movies are gone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Infuse on my Apple TV 4K and it still doesn’t show the collections. I have worked for a while to put custom artwork and collections in Plex, so I’m not going to redownload metadata for my Plex Server. Let me know if there is anything I can give or post that would help you know where to look to fix this.

I use Plex server running on a NAS to organize and store my movies and tv shows, and then use Infuse as a player. It seems this is currently the best hybrid setup. However, I have a few collections of movies defined in Plex, but they are not showing up in Collections in Infuse. I just have an empty folder in Infuse when viewing Collections. I was under the impression that Infuse supported Plex Collections. If so, can someone please help me understand why my setup may not be working? Collections are enabled in settings. Thanks!

I am experiencing the same thing. Collections have been working for the past few years, and then all of the sudden they all just disappeared and the individual movies are back in the library.

I’m seeing the same thing. If I look at the collections folder, it says “empty folder,” and the movies don’t get grouped when I look at “all movies”. I have my plex server connected to Infuse as a media server, and have no other file sources. I get the same results on the Apple TV and iPhone clients.

Was an answer to this ever found? I’m having the same issue with collections not showing at all. TIA

Welcome to the forum!

This is currently being investigated and is marked “in-progress” at the top. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to seem negative but there are 28 active posts that are marked PENDING with one reaching as far back as June 2018 since the last update. PENDING does not necessarily mean the matter is on the current work slate of the Firecore crew. Other priorities will see other bugs or features get the attention first.

1 Like

Whew, glad to know it’s a known issue!!! I just had the same problem on my system, some recent update must have broken this somehow. Can’t wait to see it back in action.

Quick update.

We may have pinned down the root cause of the issue. In some cases, Plex may return collection paths that differ from their typical ones. Starting in the next update, Infuse will be able to parse these collection types as well.

Do you think we will have to do anything to our Plex libraries like refreshing anything to make this work, or the new update will just allow the feature to work again? Thanks!

It should just start working once the update is available.:crossed_fingers:

Putting my hand up for the same issue “no Collections”

We believe this should be resolved in the 6.5.9 update which we’re submitting to Apple today.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Infuse 6.5.9 (3422) RC

Thanks. Looking forward to it :+1:

Awesome. I look forward to it!! Thanks!

Hi

So everything was fine, then all of a sudden new collections stopped being added. The old ones were still there but new ones didn’t appear.

Couldn’t get it to work, so I decided to remove/uninstall Plex from my PC, uninstall Infuse on my ATV and start from scratch.

Now I have NO collections whatsoever.

Collections appear fine in Plex. The “collections on” feature is on in Infuse. Tried turning if off and back on too.

I have no clue what the problem is…

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

I moved your post to a currently running thread regarding this. You may want to read through it for some updates.

Supposedly a fix for this is coming in the recently submitted to Apple App Store Infuse 6.5.9.