Playing mpg files in NitoTV

I have nito TV installed, and used to get errors like “cannot play file type” or something like that when trying to play MPG files. I ran the Smart installer under Nito TV and would get errors about “OPEN.AL Framework Installation Failed, try fixing the helper” I changed file playback mode in NitoTV Settings to Mixed mode to play with NitoTV. Still no luck.

After doing some research, I followed the instructions at
http://atv4windows.com/memberswiki/index.php?title=Beginners_Guide to extract 10.4.8 from apple in the documents directory.

This kind of worked - files would stutter at first and then play ok. But the next day, I was getting the same errors saying it could not play this file type again. I reran the original instructions from the Beginners Guide above, but results were still the same.

Is this a bug in ATVflash or should mpg files play? Any help would be appreciated.
Moderator - feel free to move this post if this isn’t the correct spot.
Thanks
TPH

What version of aTV Flash are you using? Some of the earlier versions had a bug relating to the OpenAL.framework, but it since has been corrected.

I can check later… where do I check for the version number?
Thanks for the quick reply!
TPH

Send us an email through our site, or the forum with your name name, and we can see which version you received.

I’ve sent a note through the site.

Thanks!
TPH

I recieved an email stating that my version was old and needed updating. I was sent a link to download an update to my patchstick, but unfortunately I am a Windows XP user. Do I need to find someone with a Mac?
Thanks
TPH

Does the 3.1 update apply to Windows users? I’ve sent a note throught the AppleCore site today, but no response.
Tks
TPH

The easiest way would be borrow a friends Mac for a few minutes to create the flash drive. We’re working on a workaround for Windows users.